cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Not sure what to do

@MB95  people can be a range of ages and as you are an adult you would be in an adult group which would likely mean adults of all ages. also there is no right age to be doing this. and you talk about personal stuff in context of what skills you are learning so you might talk about how you used one of the skills that week and things like that but nothing super personal normally comes up. and lol just the 3 of us in a group would be interesting. 

Highlighted

Haha hell yeah! I'm always down for some juice 🤣 @Lost_Space_Explorer5 I loooove orange and mango juice! Mango is the bomb! What's your favourite juice flavours @Lost_Space_Explorer5 & @Eden1717 ? Just so I can make sure the clinic we go to has the right ones ahaha Thank you both of you for the support though, you always make things sound so straight forward and easy and leave me feeling so supported so THANKS!! And it often comes with a laugh which I always enjoy. You're both amazing!! 

I'm glad to hear personal stuff isn't really talked about outside of context cause there's a lot of stuff I don't want to talk to anyone about and if I'm pushed to talk it won't end well. For me or them 🤣 Is it strange that I actually really wish I had you two by my side to go with? Idk. I just don't know if I can do it on my own. And what if I see someone I know?! Anyway, I've got a bit to think about it all properly so gonna try not to worry about it.. but you both may get a few questions every now and again cause I just wanna be prepared if I do end up deciding to try it. I'm gonna do some research into it. Odd question, but do you reckon I could just teach myself the DBT strategies? 

Highlighted

Hey @MB95 , I have to say it is so awesome to see how great the support is between you guys- and @MB95  you are also pretty amazing yourself! 

Any group treatment programs you do should have really strict rules about confidentiality - everyone I know who runs those groups takes that incredibly seriously so it should be a really safe space for you and as the others have said, it's a pretty purposeful space, so not like the type of group therapy you may see on TV with everyone spilling their deepest secrets, if that makes sense. If you're interested in reading up a bit more about DBT I found this resource that has some useful detail in it. The combination of working with a therapist and doing a group program is pretty much the gold standard from what i understand, because there's a lot of value in the interactions that you have as part of the program. But there's also no harm in checking out a bit more about it yourself if you like! 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

Thanks @Janine-RO, @Lost_Space_Explorer5 & @Eden1717 are both pretty damn amazing!! 

Thanks for sending me that link, I've started reading it but my attention and concentration aren't amazing atm so I'll come back to it again later, but it's helpful so thank you for sharing! 

I guess I just want to be prepared. But I'm kind of thinking about doing some research about it and seeing if I can just do some of it on my own. Or at least try before I go signing myself up to anything! 

Highlighted

I am sorry to hear that things have been a bit tough for you lately @MB95. I hope that your attention and concentration starts to improve soon so that you can start to feel a bit better Heart. I think its perfectly fine for you to do some research prior to signing yourself up. It can be very helpful to have an understanding of things before jumping in and getting started on them ! I must admit that I like to research things prior to getting help too (recent example was when my car was having some issues so I was doing a bit of research online before asking a mechanic !).
Highlighted

@MB95  I mean  could try teaching yourself but the way stuff is usually worded means there is a large margin of error when it comes to the underlying meaning. Idk I would advise doing it the proper way with the group and stuff but that is just my opinion. You could always have a look through so you have a rough idea of what to expect though. As for favorite juice I would say tropical. 

Highlighted

I like apple juice hehe
Highlighted

Well doesn't that work out perfectly then @Eden1717 & @Lost_Space_Explorer5 ?

When we steal the extra juices we won't have to argue over them afterwards cause it'll all be sorted 😂

Highlighted

@MB95  how are you going today? 

Highlighted

I'm alright @Eden1717. I'm really struggling to get myself out of bed atm which sucks and just have no motivation for anything which makes it hard to keep my thoughts out of that dark place which is always fun. But I've just managed to get up now so am hoping to get out and get a few things done to try shift this feeling. I've been trying really hard to ignore it all and push through and was doing okay but it's like I've stopped fooling myself today? Idk. Could feel it happening yesterday. I'm trying REALLY hard though cause I wanna try avoid the whole referal process if I can.. 🙃 So I guess that's motivating me to keep going. How are you doing? Have you got much planned for the weekend?