Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Not sure what to do

@MB95 You can, just ask the mods over email

I would really miss talking to you though Smiley Sad But it's up to you

Hehe okay @Eden1717 perhaps we shouldn't talk about it
Highlighted

@Eden1717 is exactly right, it's mostly other young people reading it trying to decide whether they want to get help. If someone on here did know you, they wouldn't recognise it was you because you've not given away any identifying information.

If you want to talk completely anonymously to other peers, there's a short term group on KHL called 'circles' I think? Also you could chat with any online counselling helpline, that has to be confidential

But I would be so sad if you left @MB95 Smiley Sad
Highlighted

You're not an idiot for thinking that @MB95

I only knew because I used to be one of the people who would come on here and read through stuff to feel less alone Smiley Sad
Highlighted

Hey @MB95 , I can completely understand why you'd be feeling a bit unsettled - as @Lost_Space_Explorer5  and @Eden1717  have said, the vast majority of people reading would be people who are wanting to feel less alone, or people who aren't quite ready for whatever reason to join up just yet. I think it would be extremely unlikely that anyone from your 'real' life would stumble across your posts and realise it was you. We love having you as part of this community and feel really privileged to have you here Heart I would suggest taking a bit of time to think about whether or not you do want to delete your account - we can remove accounts, but once that's done we're not able to restore them. 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

@MB95, are you okay?

...You're not gonna push us away too are you? Smiley Sad

*sad baby sloth eyes**sad baby sloth eyes*

Highlighted

sad.jpgPoor, poor baby sloth

Alone again.

Mother sloth is nowhere to be found

Alas, alas, why are you sad baby sloth?

There are plenty of sloths out there to look after you!

But baby sloth was more worried about mother sloth

Who would look after mother sloth?

If that didn't leave everyone confused I don't know what will

Highlighted

Hi @MB95,

Sorry to hear how you’re feeling lately.
As the others have said, we’d love you to stay.

If possible, you could try and make a pros and cons list for deleting your account. Some ideas could be that you’ve had a lot of help from people in really tough times. But perhaps someone will recognize you. However, as others have mentioned, the mods are there to keep everything anonymous.
And it’s also useful to get ideas from others in similar situations.
Anyway, perhaps an activity to do before making a final decision.

And I want to add that you’ve been super helpful to others also, so we’d sure miss you for that too!

Hang in there and be kind to yourself.
Highlighted

Hey @MB95, I hope you're doing okay. If you do decide to delete your account do you think you could say goodbye first? Smiley Sad For closure?

Take care of yourself 🖤,

Lost_Space_Explorer5
Highlighted

I'm really sorry guys. Especially @Lost_Space_Explorer5, I know how upset I made you and I'm so sorry!! It was so selfish of me to not reply and I'm sorry. I just didn't know how. Next time I'll just like your post or give a thumbs up or something so you at least know I'm still alive. I truly am sorry. Realising this isn't private and can literally be seen by anyone has just really freaked me out!! I know it's pathetic but I'm so worried my parents or family or psych are going to come across it!! Does anyone know if we can change our username? I don't think I want to delete my account anymore because I need you guys. But I do want to change my username.. anyone know if it's possible? 

Highlighted

Hey @MB95 , 

We can totally understand why you'd be feeling a bit freaked out - unfortunately you can't change your username, but we can close your current account, and then you can sign up again with a new username. If you'd like to do that, just send us an email at forums@reachout.com. 

Looking on your other thread it sounds like it's been a really stressful week for you, I'm so sorry to hear that you had to move out from your place. Would you like us to look into some resources that might be helpful for you? It's great that you were able to crash with one of your uni friends - good on you for reaching out for help when you needed it Heart 

How are you doing today? 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here