cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Nothing is changing

@Tiny_leaf  Side effects are the worst is it possible to try a different med. I am sure you have probably tried a lot already but some side effects just aren’t worth continuing. 

Highlighted

@Eden1717 I'm definitely going to ask...

It's not even stopping the hallucinations, it's just making me too sleepy to care. I miss being able to concentrate.

At least my psychiatrist is good with avoiding side effects - I just seem to be having an unusual set of reactions to this med..

And yeah I've tried a fair few...

I nearly got the antidepressants right but the dose was increased to get more benefits and long story short I learnt about hypomania..

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf  yeah meds did that with me sucked the energy out but the voices and other stuff stayed I was just to tired to care. I felt like my brain was melting. Yeah antidepressants are tricky I am glad your psychiatrist is good. I always get weird and rare side effects that you have to comb through the fine print to find it is super frustrating I just gave up on them even my psychiatrist said there are no more I can try and doesn’t know what to do about it. I am sorry it is taking so long to find what works for you.

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717 and @Tiny_leaf.

I just wanted to stop by here to acknowledge the beautiful peer support taking place here Heart It is such a challenging journey for so many people to find the treatment and support that works best. I have to commend you both on your persistent efforts to get help in the face of adversity - it shows so much resilience. 

I also want to acknowledge how much patience you've both had to have - that must be really exhausting for you both. 

I wanted to drop a link to One Door Mental Health here who do amazing work and look to share peoples personal stories. Difficulty with medication/treatment is something that the wider mental health profession need to understand. They also work in giving practical support etc... Don't know if that's helpful to include here but thought I'd mention it.