cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Nothing is ever enough

i feel like im failing everyone and doing everything wrong. nothing seems to be good enough. my life is always on hold.

the emotions have  been very heavy to sit with the other day i was going to attempt to end it all but i havent because im still here. arguments with family, unhelpful professionals, financial difficulties, pain of the physical sort as well mostly, and the amount of pressures i have are putting my life on hold more and more. i am constantly giving up things for others so they can get better or live a better and/or normal life.
not that it matters anymore. i dont even know if anyone will read this but ill post it anyway

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Re: Nothing is ever enough

@Jess1-RO hopefully this thread will work..

Hi @scared01,

That is a lot of pain you are holding right now and I want you to know that we are here for you Heart I know from our discussions on the forums that you put a lot of your time and love into other around you, and carry a lot of responsibilities. I can imagine these can be hard to juggle on top of your own wellbeing too. When you need to share the weight of everything, we are here for you Heart

I'm hearing that the pain was really hard the other day, and I really appreciate your honest with us. What is your support system like at the moment? I am so proud that you were able to keep yourself safe- what did you do to keep yourself safe? Did you use any strategies?

We hear you @scared01, and we are here Heart 

Check out our community activities calendar for September 2019 here

there is so much @Jess1-RO sometimes i wish i would just dissappear. some days i wish i was successful esp when it feels like no one knows how to help me either.

i only have a psychologist who i see every now and then but other than that i dont have anyone else.

i was safe to an extent, but still done things that were unsafe but not to 'that' extent. i never thought i would get back to this point. it has been nearly a yr since i attempted last and over 6 months sh free and now i dont even know what im doing. i guess it says more about the situation though.

@gina-RO @Jess1-RO could you fo me a favour?

the other thread that was made that is similar to this one could you lock it or delete it? it may be a little confusing and glitching anyway so it might be hard for others to follow along with

Hi @scared01,

We can definitely lock the other thread for you- just done that now for you Smiley Happy

Situational factors can have such a huge impact on how we feel and our sense of where we fit in with the world around us. Sometimes when things are happening around us, it is easy to feel like we are the problem or issue, and I think that recognising the role the environment around us is playing, as you have identified in your last post, is super important in healing Heart Have things been tough at home lately?

Your determination to seek help, and your compassionate nature are two things that really shine through on the forums Heart Going 6 months and 12 months are huge milestones and we are so so proud. We know there is so much work and effort goes into staying safe each day Heart

When is your next appointment with the psychologist @scared01? I am not sure if I have asked this before, but thought I might raise it, are you involved at all in any of the mental health carers programs, or young carer programs? 

Check out our community activities calendar for September 2019 here

Hey @scared01 They are great achievements! I hope you are ok, being a young carer can be really isolating and lonely, I hope you can find a carer support group like @Jess1-RO has suggested Heart

thanks @Jess1-RO Heart

things are always tough at home but yes lately its been even more tough esp with my caree's deteroriation in health both physically and mentally (as in he has dementia) so there has been quite alot of frustrations at home and having to handle the emotional abuse sort of thing even though he doesnt mean it but its hard to control and brush aside.
My next appointment with the psych is in 2 weeks time and will continue to see her fortnightly until my 10 sessions run out.

no im not involved in any of those programs as yet, i know it might be ok but i kinda feel strange about going to those sorts of things. its kinda hard to explain and its not so much hanging out with other people, im not to sure what it is or why but those sorts of programs make me uncomfortable evne in trying out

thank you @Saltwaterdreamtime Heart