cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Nothing is ever enough

That sounds really hard to deal with @scared01 Smiley Sad Even though, as you said, they might not mean it, having someone constantly bring you down with what they say sounds so draining and disheartening, i can't imagine how frustrating this must be for you Heart
I hear your concerns when it comes to attending the support groups, it can be hard to put our hesitations into words sometimes, can't it? Especially when it's our gut telling us something.
Was there anything we could do for you, to help you feel a bit better? Really proud of you as well, for reaching 6 and 12 months Heart i'm so glad you're here xx

Thank you for finding that for me @Bee Heart

hi @Jane_Rose Heart
thank you for your post, im sorry I hadnt responded until now, Bee solved the problem though so now I can see your posts Smiley Happy
I do quite abit of things like watching tv, crocheting, music and those sorts of things in my day to day life if I can be bothered doing it that is.
I guess im kinda just bored and the self care is so repetitive and the same day in and day out that it really doesnt feel like self care anymore or helpful really.

Hi @ecla34 Heart
it is hard, and he doesnt realise hes doing it but if I bring it up it makes him worse which in turn makes me worse so its such a really tricky and fine tightrope to walk on.
Yeah it can be really hard to put things into words sometimes.
Honestly im not to sure, I dont think there is a lot others can do at the moment but talking has helped.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hi @scared01, it sounds really disheartening and I can hear how hard things are for you. Having recently finished a placement in aged care, I do understand how hard it can be caring for someone with dementia. Heart

Just wondering if respite care is an option for the person you are caring for? I found this page from the federal Department of Social Services, and there is a number you can call for more specific information from your local area, 1800 052 222. Carers Australia also offer a counselling service, their number is 1800 242 636.

Sorry for heaps of information, I really hope that you can get a break soon. You are managing really well in light of all the challenges being thrown at you. Stay strong. Heart

thank you @mrmusic for those resouces ill have a look allthough ive already been in contact with carers aust.

no i havent finished work placement, the person in whom i care for and who i live with has dementia that is worsening so trying my best to get help for myself and for him too

Hi @scared01,

I'm glad to hear you've been in touch with Carers Australia. What has been helpful about it for you?

Sounds like you're trying to best to make the most out of a difficult situation. It must be really tough. Heart

hey @TOM-RO
honeslty havent spoken to them that much. just come to the conclusion that i needed to speak to the gp about getting some supports in place for myself and for my caree as well. ive made an appointment to talk to the gp on tuesday about things as well so hopefully ill get some answers in that regard at least.

Hey there @scared01,

Well done on making an appointment with your GP! Smiley Happy It can be difficult to know what we need, and speaking to your gp about supports for yourself and your caree sounds like an excellent plan. I hope it goes well for you next Tuesday! Smiley Happy Do you have any ideas towards what supports you'd like to have?

-----

Our new guidelines are now live, check them out here!

thank you @Jay-RO

um im not sure really. My priority is getting help for pop though becasue once that sort of process is underway they will be able to refer him to other places for assessments, and supports which will in turn help me too esp with the home care sort of thing just for an hr or 2 once a week would make a difference but im abit stuck atm because the drs the one who needs to refer to other places etc.

Hey @scared01, making sure your pop gets other supports and help sounds like it will be helpful to you in the long run, which is great to hear Smiley Happy Hopefully after you see the gp next week, they can start with the referrals and get your pop some support.

I remember awhile ago you saying that you were seeing a psychologist. How has that been going?

-----

Our new guidelines are now live, check them out here!

Highlighted

yes fingers crossed, at least this help get the ball rolling @Jay-RO

Yes ive just started seeing the psychologist again after being able to renew the mental health care plan. i think its a little to early to tell how its going since ive only had 3 sessions all up including last yr so far. she seems good though, better than my previous psychologists through