cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Nothing is ever enough

@scared01 getting the ball rolling will be a great start Smiley Happy

I'm glad to hear that your current psychologist seems good, though it's only been a few sessions, hopefully she can continue to be good. Do you think she might be able to help you in figuring out what other supports you may need? 

-----

Our new guidelines are now live, check them out here!

uh im not to sure @Jay-RO while she is good when ive meantioned carers stuff she more brushes over it, so i think its better to just pick a focus with her since ive only got the 10 sessions. ill talk to the dr and more carer friendly services in getting those sorts of supports.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

That's alright @scared01 Smiley Happy It's always your choice how you choose to access services.

Good luck with talking to your dr next week, hopefully you get some more clarity and support for yourself and your pop Smiley Happy

Do you have some self-care or another activity planned for tonight?
I hope you have a good evening! Smiley Happy

-----

Our new guidelines are now live, check them out here!

Hey @scared01 , reading through your posts it must be so hard for you and I'm so sorry you are feeling that way.
I think with psychologists because of the limited time they tend to brush over some topics, but also although their job is to talk to and help others, they may not be able to know exactly what we want to talk about or what is stressing us most in that moment, so sometimes it may help both them and us to help guide them along the way. Do you think you could let her know that this carers situation is really one of the biggest causes of stress on your life atm and that you'd like to focus on making this part of your life better first? And that you really use advice/perspective on it?
Also some psychs are great and when they hear that you are a student of are struggling financially, they may agree to see you for much cheaper after your 10 sessions have ended. Do you think you could talk to her about this and that way you are able to receive more continuous support without worrying about your sessions running out?
Hope today is a little better Heart

thank you @Jay-RO

Ive put a movie on for now, but i will need to do dinner and get abit of cleaning up done. other than that i think ill be having a look at some hotels and airbnb prices as an estimate for when im going in for surgury.

hey @Puppies026

im with headspace and they only allow those 10 sessions unfortunatly so weve picked a focal point for now. my life is rather complicated and trying to get through it all will be to hard so think this is probably the better way. i had asked last yr if there was a way i could get the sessions extended but i can only have the 10 sessions which makes things tricky.

i think part of why she brushes over it is becasue she doesnt have alot of experience in that area and because i loose focus alot as well its probbably best to just focus on one thing at a time with her. when i have a chat to the gp im sure they will be able to help in this area more than they will too.

Good plan @scared01. What movie did you watch? Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

i watched the new 'annie' and also brother bear part 1 and 2 @letitgo Smiley Happy
Highlighted

All good movies @scared01 

as for the 10 sessions limit I honestly think that is ridiculous obviously i know you personally can’t change it but a GP’s comment on the 10 session thing was “ 10 sessions is enough for someone who doesn’t meet the full criteria for a diagnosis” which basically means to everyone who does meet the criteria you are screwed. I honestly don’t understand how 10 sessions can be enough for anyone but that is life and it seems if you want a quality life you have to pay for it. Ahh the joys of capitalism. Hmmm do you go to university? Because I know at my old university they had free “ well not really free as you are paying uni fees” but free psychologists and counselors that you could talk to and make appointments with at the student health center. If you are going to uni might be something to look into. 

@Eden1717

it is hard to fit much in in just those 10 sessions for sure. i guess the 10 sessions would be enough for some people who arent having to deal with the issue long term or their issue is a little more simpler but thats not often the case as usually those are the people that dont seek help for themselves.

no i dont go to uni, so i cant access those services. if i really need to i contact the helplines but usually i can wait until i see the psychologist next.