cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay I'm thinking through things

Generally I've been feeling better now. I'm super enegrised again, irritability is still there, but I'm used to being highly strung. The urges to do things I can't do are irritating me too. My loud thoughts, my head feels so full. I'm having focusing issues regarding my studies. I'll try to study, I'll get distracted, I want to dance, sing, write, talk to people, do loads of things at once. It gets overwhelming, but being high again feels so good. It's the good part of being a human yo yo, its nice to be a human bouncy ball again. I'm still trying to find a way around it. 

Okay today I got a call from a psych I was considering to see. She told me she wants me to think about whether I want to keep the appointment. In the past, I have been stubborn and argumentative. I'm generally a very irritable person. My mood swings comes with irritability. So she was saying I might want to consider seeing a psychiatrist at this stage, if its going to be rocky and going to get me nowhere. I stopped seeing the psychiatrist last year because I wasn't getting anywhere. 

Re: Okay I'm thinking through things

We tell people pretty often that not everyone 'clicks' with the first, second or even third professional they see. It can take a while to feel comfortable with someone, and it's important to have a counsellor you feel understands you. However, if one of the reasons you are finding it hard to gel with a psych is that your moods are getting in the way, or you don't want to action any of the strategies they give you - it's better to discuss it with your psych and ask for help to work through it, rather than find another one and start from scratch. What do you think @Creativegirl12?

I feel as though my efforts are being underestimated too. In not going to curl up into a ball and say I'm doing absolutely nothing, and feel guilty and hate myself over it, like I did when I was depressed. I don't need to be told 10 million times, that I'm doing something wrong. I don't think people realise how hard it can be. It kind of puts me off, getting a call from the psych saying she doesn't know if it's going to be effective. I just want to screw treatment, if I'm going to be treated this way. Why should I try it? So irritated. Firstly I don't have a proper diagnosis, I don't know they even know what the issue is. So there's no way I'm accepting a diagnosis until someone tells me a formal one.

You're absolutely right @Creativegirl12 - you've come a long way already and you should be proud of the progress you've made. How did this particular psychiatrist come to the belief that you treatment wouldn't be effective? Have you seen them before? If you do decide to go ahead with an appointment, it might be a good idea to express how important receiving a diagnosis is to you and that you actually need strategies for the real world, rather than just be told you're wrong.

The this psychologist read through my history. Since I didn't really respond well to treatment last year, she kind of got the impression that therapy might not suit me, at least at this stage. And found it weird I'm not seeing my old psychologist instead, I think I just need to see someone else. She told me to see a psychiatrist. I've never seen this psych before, and I'm not even sure she even wants to see me. She probably read through my GP's notes, I know my GP has a strong opinion on how I need to do more to get better. I need techniques, med adjustment if needed. I just haven't found the right psychiatrist or psychologist.

I'm thinking of changing GPs too, had a change over of GPs last year. It's not working out.