cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ongoing Fluctuating Emotions - what's going on?

@mspaceK that sounds terrible... Is there anything that's been on your mind that you think might have triggered you to feel this way, or literally nothing at all and it's just a mood? I hope you feel better soon, and we're all here for you!!

@I_am_not_Groot My housemate has been lazy in bed all day and there is shit all around the house that once again, she could have spent time cleaning up. I'm pissed off. And i'm annoyed with having an upset tummy. It still doesn't feel 100% and I don't know if I can go to work tomorrow or not and I won't know until how i feel in the morning. And i'm trying to get onto my regular khl counselor but i'm in a queue waiting. And i feel like all this stuff is coming at once. 

hey @mspaceK
it all sounds really frustratin and overwhelming tonight. contacting khl sounds like a good idea. i can be around to chat for a little while too if you like.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hi @mspaceK! Hormonal problems can be a real pain. Smiley Sad I think they're more common than people think but no one really understands what you're going through and how much it affects your confidence and life. I remember going through hormonal and period problems while I was still in school and it was a really tough time for me. A lot of my spare time was taken up by the symptoms and appointments and I had barely any energy as a result. I remember having to keep leaving class or going before or after school to have ultrasounds or see my gynecologist, which was hard to explain to people. It was also very hard to concentrate in class and the problems continued in uni. I also had to have surgery to investigate and treat the problems. Like you, I was put on the pill, but it made my symptoms worse. Then I went on another pill which was a different type and more helpful. There are a lot of different types out there now. My gynecologist told me that in young women, symptoms usually don't mean anything sinister. I think a lot of it is just trial and error trying to find a solution.

I think it would be a good idea to keep a diary or app where you can track your mood and other symptoms, as well as what you did that day. You might be able to notice patterns and you can show your doctor or gynecologist. I found this really useful. It also helped me track any side effects from the surgery and pills.

I found that there were a lot of different brands of the pill I was eventually put on. All of them were very different in price (some of them were around $90 for one pack) but the ingredients were the same. I started getting the generic brands because they were cheaper. So that could be an option if you end up being put on an ongoing contraceptive.

I hope you can feel better soon. Heart

Thank you @WheresMySquishy and @scared01 . I disappeared while I was talking to my counselor on KHL. It helped talking to her and I might be able to talk to her again tomorrow potentially. 

I think talking to my GP and psychologist about my mood changes will be good and see what they say. I used to keep a mood diary ages ago and then I just stopped, I don't remember why but I did. It might be something they'll want me to start again. I guess I'll find out. I'm still hesitant about any medications though. 

I actually found out that the pains I was getting a few years ago were caused by a cyst on my ovaries and I had to have an operation. It was awful Smiley Sad 

oh im sorry to hear about the cyst @mspaceK that doesnt sound very nice.
im glad talking to your counsellor has helped you tonight
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

I think that's a good idea @mspaceK! I can understand your apprehension about trying new medications. I remember being a bit hesitant about trying the pills because I had read that they are associated with a higher incidence of certain cancers but my gynecologist said that the risk of developing them is low anyway. You read about people on the news who have had bad experiences and side effects so it's a bit scary.

Wow, that's terrible about the cyst and the operation! That must have been really hard Smiley Sad I had to have some polyps and my endometrium removed and biopsies taken. The operation wasn't that bad but I was in a lot of pain before I had it. Luckily, the problems weren't serious.

I couldn't imagine having to go through that @WheresMySquishy . Yours sounds absolutely terrifying. I'm sorry you had to experience that. 

Medications in general give me bad vibes. Plus the last time I went on anti-depressants and the pill I got really bad headaches and my depression didn't improve at all. Depending on what my GP says and my psych will depend on what I do I guess down the track. 

The operation itself was okay but what was more scary was the prospect of having a bigger procedure if I was still in pain after the first one. Luckily, I haven't needed to have that one. I think a lot of people react differently. I was a bit scared before I had it because a lot of people said that it was really painful for them but I ended up not being in much pain for some reason. It was a bit scary not knowing what was going on and having to have serious things ruled out though but my gynecologist was very reassuring and had a good bedside manner so that helped.

One of my friends was on antidepressants and the pill at the same time and ended up getting pregnant. She kept the baby and last I heard, loves being a mum. I think it's a good idea to mention that you're on antidepressants if they end up recommending it because I know that some antidepressants interact with the pill.

@mspaceK I hope you're feeling better today! It seems like there's so many burdens going on, and your housemate doesn't seem like they're helping out with the problem :T Do you still have an upset tummy now? I feel like physical pains are always the thing that make me the most irritated and bring my mood down. 

Also the ovarian cysts sound awful! I honestly reckon it sucks to be a girl sometimes, you can't tell whats happening inside you until you do a scan or some operation Smiley Indifferent