cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Overly Emotional Over NOTHING

I agree with what everyone else has said, but I just wanted to say that I'm sending you good thoughts and hoping you will feel better soon @Bee

@mrmusic thanks Heart
Yeah, Eve was really supportive and encouraging. And I guess that is what I miss the most.
I sent Eve a text after work today and told her I missed her. We had a bit of a text chat, and plan to meet up for lunch one day soon.
Yes and no. They helped me see it's a common thing like even the person I saw had experienced similar. So knowing it wasn't just me was comforting. And they did suggest a couple of things, which some of them I was kind of like that's pointless/not applicable but I accepted their suggestions.

Sorry to hear you've had a tough experience with uni and disclosing your mental health. I had a really negative experience with a workplace around disclosure, it's not easy!

I will keep you updated. At the moment I'm feeling more comfortable in the role when I'm not in sight of my new manager or when she isn't there. :/
I feel like she's always watching me and judging my every move. I know that's my anxiety talking, but the fear is so intense I can't get rid of it. Especially when she comes up and pulls things out of my tray and asks what's going on with them and I just felt tiny and judged in that moment.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Bee Sorry I have taken a while to reply back. It can be scary with changes to work, that I can empathise with. Especially when Eve sounds like she was a great support for you. 

How would you describe your new manager as a person? 

No Worries @Milkninja222
Describing Gem (the new manager) hmm I haven't worked with her long (I only work 15 hours a week) but I'd say that she's strict and meticulous - she likes to have it done right the first time and quickly. She can come across as quite harsh when she may not mean too and part of this is because she talks so quickly.

Actually thinking about this, she's starting to remind me of an older supervisor I had when I used to work as a cashier a while back. I first thought she was grumpy and mean, but once I got to know her she was one of my favourite people to work with. I learnt that while she was a tough taskmaster, she did genuinely care if you had a problem and wanted to help, and she was often tougher on the younger colleagues who were more focused on chatting and playing than serving our customers.
So maybe with time I'll get to know Gem and have a better working relationship. I just have to get through the stressful parts I guess.

@Bee 

You are resilient and open minded. It's awesome that you have shared this and have recognised more about the subject you are telling us about Smiley Happy. I hope that you do get the chance to forge a better with Gem too, as you have the right to work in a comfortable workplace Smiley Very Happy

I don't feel very resilient or open minded @Milkninja222
I hope I can in time create a better relationship with Gem, but for now
things are VERY difficult. I've had a couple more interactions where I just
feel like I've been ripped to pieces. I just feel so broken that it affects
me so much! Smiley Sad

@Bee 

Are these interactions new ones today? What would you want done to feel more whole than broken?

I know you want a better relationship with Gem. I'm just wondering if there is more you would like to have accomplished and less stress about? 

Yeah, there were new interactions today that I just felt like I wasn't
someone she liked or favoured.
I don't know if I want to go into detail right now about anything. I'm
quite emotional still.

I don't know what would help me feel more whole, as opposed to broken that
I do feel. I got everything bar one thing accomplished today, and that 1
thing is just a company online training type thing, not a huge deal as long
as I look through it at some point.

Hey @Bee sounds like you had a really productive day, getting almost everything done - nice work! Heart

I hope that today will be a bit better for you. What's on for the weekend? Some colouring, maybe? Smiley Happy 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //