cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Overly Emotional Over NOTHING

@Jess1-RO it is very challenging and very draining too!
I'm not quite sure what the next steps would be in raising it with the prop. I assume he would ask what my main concerns are and what can be possibly done to help alleviate the issues. But depending on what ends up happening tomorrow (My manager rang me today and said how she wants to change my work hours) I may end up having to involve the prop and possibly the job agency who is still supporting me.

Heart I don't feel like I've got the opportunity to grow if anything I feel like I'm losing skills because I don't have as much to do while I'm at work anymore

We reflected on the joys of 2019

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hi @Bee,

Just wanted to check in and see how you are going this week. How did the meeting with the manager go last week around your work hours?

Check out our community activities calendar here

@Jess1-ROthanks for checking in Heart
The meeting only happened this week, (Monday before you posted the message above)
I have the same amount of hours, only 2 of my shifts are now morning shifts instead of afternoon shifts. I was a bit annoyed about how the manager went about it as she never spoke to me until she made the change, but she was agreeable when I told her I couldn't work both Monday & Wednesday mornings as they are the only days/times my GP works. She didn't question it more and even asked if I needed both mornings but I assured her one would be fine Smiley Happy

There have been a couple of other things that I've been spoken to about this week but one thing I noticed is that both a proprietor and office manager have been there for the interaction and the manager has been nicer. I don't know if the prop who knew about the interaction that happened the other week where I was quite distraught said anything or if the manager realized she went too far when I walked out of the office after talking to her.

Sometimes I still feel like leaving the workplace would be better than staying due to some of the work culture and stuff - eg I feel like I won't have a chance to grow and develop as a person and within the business. I kind of feel stuck in the role. I was told I'd have the chance to learn the other role properly and grow, but thus far I haven't had that opportunity and I don't feel like it'll come. My spare time is now filing and archiving for my colleague. In some respects it's okay, but in others, I just feel like I'm not really valued within the role anymore. And the feeling of not feeling valued is the hardest to cope with, as it just hits on every single raw nerve within myself and my history.

Hey @Bee

I will look back on your posts, but I just wanted to say that I’m here for you if you ever need someone to talk to. Workplace and stuff like that isn’t really my thing, but I do want to try to help. You have helped me in many ways too, so I wish to give back what you gave me.

Here for you. Smiley Happy

// Nothing is impossible. The word itself says “I’m Possible” //

@xXLexi_Lou122Xx thank you Heart
Most of this is work-related stuff, so totally okay if you have no advice Smiley Happy
Knowing you're listening and want to help, is helpful Heart