cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: PTSD support thread

Oh yes @Karinaskii externalising things is so helpful! Well done, so glad to hear you're progressing with it Smiley Happy

@scared01 It is something my new psychologist recommend, and I thought it was strange at first but it really works for me. Smiley Happy

It does sound strange but it does sound like a good way to get a different perspective of things as well @Karinaskii
Quite clever really
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

do you guys still get nightmares and flashbacks from the event?

Sometimes @scared01
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

i get them alot more often than i dont have them @j95 Smiley Sad

Hey, I am new here. Have been reading your posts scared01 and relate a lot. I have Complex PTSD as well. I don't know where you live but here is support group in Melbourne for it. Hope it's ok to share it here: https://www.meetup.com/Complex-PTSD-Melbourne-support/

An additional resource.

I get nightmares about a few of my traumas, but I also often get nightmares about things I have never experienced in my life too, like war and tsunamis. Does anyone else find that? There's a common theme of being overwhelmed and afraid.

hi there @piglet

firstly welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

while i dont get nightmares about things that havent happened to me, i do get alot of nightmares and flashbacks.

and yes i think these nightmares feed on our fears alot of the time to make these a common theme. its very hard to deal with

how do you find you deal with these?

Hey @piglet,

Thanks for sharing that resource, and I am sorry to hear about these nightmares. The theme of being overwhelmed and afraid sounds spot on. Have you found anything to help these dreams? A hot water bottle at night or something you can cuddle? Sounds silly but I have heard this works for some people!

Thanks for the welcome Smiley Happy

When it comes to flashbacks, I'm trying to use Pete Walker's "managing flashbacks" steps: http://pete-walker.com/flashbackManagement.htm