cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Picking up the pieces and trying to move forward

It is good to hear that you were able to get some rest @Eden1717. Good job on watching the video by your lecturer, hopefully it was about something interesting! Uni can be so overwhelming at times when there is alot of assignments/tasks due on the same week. It can be hard to prioritise. I always try to do whatever task is more interesting first. What are the tasks that you need to work on?
Highlighted

@Sophia-RO  I have an essay and a translation assignment both due on monday that I havent started, i just havent been able to work on them today. 

I saw my psychologist and she said i might need my meds adjusted again because i was still psychotic i dont know what to do i dont want to have to take it twice a day which is what the psychiatrist said last time would happen if i had to increase the dose again. I am really struggling with taking the meds still and i tried to talk to the psychologist about it and she said to remind myself that i want to stay out of hospital and to use that to motivate me to keep taking them and that does kind of help but idk. I just dont really have many people i can talk to about this like it isnt like i know heaps of people who have experienced similar issues that i can talk too. idk it is just hard. 

Highlighted

1/3 of the way through the semester is still good @Eden1717 but do consider having lightening your load as a back up option cause I'm sure your psychiatrist would back you up to avoid being penalised financially or academically if you had to drop a subject or something. Just as an option though, I know how important uni is to you.

We're always here to talk about your conflicted feelings around medication but I get it's not the same as talking to people irl Smiley Sad

Could you write a list of pros and cons about a medication increase with your psych? Or would this bring up too many conflicting feelings? Smiley Sad
Highlighted

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  I just feel like everyone will get bored of me talking about stuff lol. I will wait to make the pros and cons list until I have seen my psychiatrist next time and know what is actually happening with them. But maybe a general pros and cons list might be good for now. Idk what feelings it will bring up but I guess we will find out. I guess I am just struggling to trust anything at the moment but also just trying to accept that I have a particular diagnosis that I don’t really want to have to deal with for the rest of forever. 

Highlighted

Oh no, essays's are the worst (at least for me they are !) @Eden1717. Hopefully you don't find essays too bad though. They can defintiely be hard to tackle, so I think doing it section by sectioning and rewarding yourself in between the sections would be quite helpful.

It's good to hear that you were able to discuss how you feel with your psychologist, it sounds like they are trying to support you throughout this. I can imagine that it gets hard at times, but I think if you are able to remind yourself of some of the reasons that you and your psych discussed (such as wanting to stay out of hospital as a reason to take medication) you will hopefully feel a bit better soon Heart
Highlighted

@Sophia-RO  I still havent been able to start the essay I am exhausted from doing the translating task and I just remembered i also have a test tomorrow which i am not in any way prepared for so now i have to study for a test and write an essay by tomorrow night and honestly i need to pull an all nighter but that would mean not taking my meds and i dont know what to do. plus i am already so so exhausted that i can hardly think enough to process everything and i really just cant do this. 

Highlighted

ooh not taking your meds is a bad idea I remember I tried to do that once to get uni work done 😬 Could you get a note from your doctor to redo the test or do you think it went okay? How are you going other than the stress from uni stuff @Eden1717? Did you wanna talk about the new diagnosis Smiley Sad?
Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717 , 

Uni can be so stressful at assessment time - did you end up pulling an all nighter? I know the process can be a bit painful (at least I know it was at my old uni) but do you think it would be worth applying for extensions so you can have some breathing space? Your uni's  disability services can also be helpful in helping to negotiate extensions or any other accommodations that might help you with your course co-ordinators. It must be really frustrating feeling like your meds are making it harder for you to get through your uni work.

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

@Janine-RO  I already got an extension for one task there were just 4 major tasks all due today so there was too many i did the test but i know i didnt do well same with the translation task and i finished the essay but it was terrible and i really dont know what to do now i am just exhausted but taking the night off because i literally cannot do any more today. i didnt pull an all nighter i ended up going to bed early and getting up early instead. 

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  i ended up taking them considering i was already hearing things last night i didnt want to take the chance that that would get any worse even if i am not sure that would happen. it isnt really a new diagnosis just it was confirmed that I have schizoaffective disorder but i wasn't sure what type and the back of my prescription says "schizophrenia" and "bipolar 1 disorder" so i guess now i know but just seeing both of those words makes me feel weird like they are big words and it makes me feel like i am walking around hiding a huge secret. 

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717 I'm glad you were able to get an extension for one of your tasks, its so hard when things are all due at once, you said you were really exhausted last night, were you able to get some rest? 

I can imagine it was quite confronting to read that on your prescription, it's understandable you would be feeling a bit weird, do you think it would be helpful to talk through this with your psychiatrist?  How are you feeling about this today? We're around to chat about things if you need to Heart