cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Picking up the pieces and trying to move forward

Hey @Eden1717, thank you for updating us. Things sound like they have been unbelievably frightening for you in the last few days. I can’t imagine how stressed and freaked out you have been feeling. I hope that you’re able to find a nurse that you click with so that you have someone to chat to.

Even though things are difficult right now, I think it’s good that you are trying to listen to music to get you through your time at hospital. And also, you have us to try and pass the time too Smiley Happy I know that hospital is a scary place for you and that you are feeling incredibly worried about the staff there. I am wondering if it would it be helpful to chat to your Mum about how you are feeling?
Highlighted

@Taylor-RO  I still havent had a nurse i click with who I can talk to and i just keep getting more scared plus the ward has been really disrupted today and people have been getting upset a lot and that has shaken me up a bit. I cant really talk to my mum about it but i have been talking to her about other things i guess idk it is still good to see her as i at least trust her. I am still really scared of the doctors and stuff though and i dont know what to do i dont want to talk to them but they keep asking questions and ugh i just want to go home and i want to cry and i am still too scared to eat the food here and i am just really freaked out and agitated and i dont want to be here and i want the thing out of my head and i am so scared because i know they are going to kill me here i just dont know when i keep trying to just listen to my music but i am really struggling a lot and i am getting paranoid about the nurses too now like maybe they are also a part of it and maybe this whole place isnt even real idk everything is just scaring me but i am too scared to tell anyone plus even if i find someone who isnt part of it all they wouldnt believe me so idk there is no point talking i just need to hide until i can get out. 

Highlighted

I'm sorry you're still feeling scared @Eden1717 - I think listening to music is a good way to try and drain out whats going on. Have you got any shows you might be able to watch or funny youtube clips or something? Idk if you're into podcasts but I have started listening to them as a distraction and way to feel less alone? Idk. Could be worth trying? Totally okay if you're not up for it though or if it's not your thing! 

With the food side of things, I do think you need to try eat something, or at least maybe drink a juice or something? How would you feel about maybe asking your mum to bring you something? She's trustworthy and wouldn't do anything to hurt you so maybe she can help you out with that and even bring you in your favourite food? 

I really hope things start to ease soon. I know it's scary and understand you may not believe it or feel it, but I'm sure the staff are just trying to help. It any of them make you feel particularly unsafe do you think you could chat to your mum about it and she could chat to the hospital on your behalf about maybe getting a different nurse? Idk. I really hope you're able to click with one soon! 

Highlighted

@MB95  my mum has brought me some food but not much idk it isnt her problem. i have been trying to watch stuff but idk i just feel really bad and still cant do much. my nurse tonight is terrible I told them i was feeling really bad and they walked away and ignored me. now i feel like i am about to cry i am so agitated i just want to run away and try and escape i am so exhausted and scared and sad and i just dont want to be here i have been trying to colour in and walk around and sit outside and watch stuff on youtube and listen to music and talk to other patients to try and distract myself but it isnt working and i just feel like shit and i cant stand this everything is such a mess i have ruined everything i cant take this place. it isnt safe here they arent stupid doctors the nurses might not be nurses either and maybe no one is even who they say they are maybe this whole thing is just a big joke to mess with me even more because apparently that is fun. i want to scream but that will just get me punished. 

Highlighted

Oh I'm sorry to hear you're back in hospital @Eden1717 Smiley Sad It sounds like this time is worse than last time because you're scared of the doctors Smiley Sad That's really hard with being worried about the food and water... I agree with MB95, could you perhaps get your mum to bring something in? Or if you're allowed to go on leave with a nurse (if that's even a possibility) could you buy something? That's such a tricky situation.. It's tough you haven't found a nurse that you've clicked with Smiley Sad A good nurse who's willing to listen and understand can make a big difference.. It makes sense you tried to escape- I can definitely relate to that one haha- I hope security wasn't harsh when getting you to come back..

Hahaha how has sea slugs suddenly become the new 'sloths' I would have never predicted it Smiley Tongue
Highlighted

Awh that's really hard @Eden1717 I'm sorry stuff is so hard right now. Good on you for trying to reach out to the nurses and trying to distract yourself. I'm glad your mum brought in some food for you, she sounds really supportive Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  I actually saw a slug today and it reminded me of you and @MB95  anyway i dont have any leave from the hospital so i cant go out and buy anything. the security and stuff was kind of scary cause there was so many of them and anyway it was really scary. 

i just dont know what else to do the nurses dont listen and then they complain that i am not talking but when i try they walk away and ignore me like i am trying so incredibly hard to keep it together and to stay calm but i am so scared and so agitated and they are making it so hard to do that like they are basically doing everything they can to make it harder for me to stay calm and it is like this is some massive game where they are testing me to see how much i can take before i snap just for their own entertainment. and i am so tired and i still cant sleep and now everything is just even harder to manage like i really cant take this but they arent listening no one is listening to me. or maybe they just dont care. 

Highlighted

@Eden1717 that sounds so incredibly scary, I really understand you'd be feeling really anxious, especially since it sounds like the nurses aren't being very understanding of how you're feeling right now. Are there any other patients that you've been able to talk to since you've arrived?

Highlighted
Which is fastest, Snail or Slug?
8 snails were found in and around the WCC Clubhouse, what did we do with them? We raced them of course... bet on them now!

Aww I'm so happy that the slug reminded you of us!! That's just made me smile so hard and made my day! 😂

Do you reckon you could maybe ask your mum to bring in some more food? Some thing nice and filling maybe if you're up for it? I know you may not want to 'burden' her, but you've also gotta eat to keep up your strength to get out of there! Could you maybe try see it as your fuel to give you the strength to leave? And when I say that, I don't mean escape lol I mean leave with the proper discharge papers lol Don't go getting any ideas! I know what you and @Lost_Space_Explorer5 can be like - little runaways! 😂

Also, I think you should watch this cause it's absolutely random and I hope it makes you smile!! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj7aPyIZbsw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9892tAngxwg

Highlighted

For the record I was never successful in my escapes lol, I merely tried and failed Smiley Tongue There are so many slug videos on the internet- way more than expected HAHA.. @MB95

That sounds really scary @Eden1717 Smiley Sad I'm sorry you had to go through that. It really sucks that the nurses aren't being very supportive right now. It must leave you feeling really stuck when it seems like it's a game and people are testing you Smiley Sad I'm really proud of you for continuing to stay calm despite everything that's happening around you. You're so resilient! You mentioned listening to music before- I forgot to ask, did you get your ipod fixed? Because that was really annoying it breaking seeing as music is such a good distraction for you.

I genuinely can't look at sloths and slugs the same way Smiley Tongue