cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Picking up the pieces and trying to move forward

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  idk, this feeling hasnt passed for 3 days now and it just keeps getting worse. last time it lasted for like 4 months and just kept getting worse and worse and I cant say how long it will last this time but historically this hasnt gone away quickly. i tried hiding in bed last night but it didnt help. idk what to do other than keep trying to ignore it but idk. 

It's okay @Eden1717. You've explained it well enough for us to try and understand so don't worry about that. It does sound a bit more than anxious thoughts, and like @Lost_Space_Explorer5, I'm not 100% sure what might help in this situation and I'm so sorry that I don't. I really wish there was something I could do. I think it's awesome you've been trying Netflix today! Is there anything in particular you're enjoying watching atm? Any recommendations? 

I do think @Lost_Space_Explorer5 is on the right track with trying to make yourself feel as safe as possible now. I know in the past you mentioned hiding under blankets, and from memory I think you even mentioned hiding in a cupboard? (I'm so sorry if I got you mixed up here with someone else?). But either way, how would you feel about trying that out tonight? Maybe hiding in or under something, popping your headphones in and watching your favourite show? Or some slug docos? Lol Actually, I'm going to set you a little challenge! Before I leave RO can you try find me a stupid clip with a slug AND a sloth in it?! I feel like it might be impossible and probably not exist but I need something to remind me of the two crazy friends I've made on here! 😂 Reckon you're up for the challenge when you're feeling a little more yourself and relaxed? 

@MB95  lol i will see what I can find. and i will see about tonight i might just try and stay in my bedroom and hide under a blanket. idk as for netflix i have been watching a japanese show all day lol. 

Most people want to know what the fastest animal in the world is, but do you know what is the slowest? No, then watch this video of the top 10 slowest animal...

ok @MB95  and i will tag @Lost_Space_Explorer5  too after a quick google i found a few things. 

1. a video technically it has both slugs and sloths in it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po7xVCEYrww 

2. it has a snail but seeing as it was both sea snails and slugs i think it should count poster,840x830,f8f8f8-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8

and 3. 

Sloth-Sleeping-Bag-Slug-Word-story-Cards-KS1

Hiding under the blanket sounds like a good idea for tonight! I hope you're able to get some sort of sleep too! I'm going to log off in a moment so that we don't all keep bouncing off each other tonight and keeping each other awake! Although I do think an all nighter would be fun.. we could greet all the staff as they start their day! 😂 Maybe not tonight though. I hope your show keeps you as distracted as possible and that you eventually drift off to sleep. If you do start to feel too unsafe, please do call someone okay? I'll check in with you in the morning but you've got this! 

Wow, okay! Way to completely exceed my expectations @Eden1717!! 

I agree, the snail counts and I think that pic wins hands down! It's my little sloth and my little snail slug all in one picture!! And you've both definitely been the greatest friends I could have asked for on here so it's super fitting! Well done! I'm totally saving that to my phone as a reminder of you guys 😂 

As for now.. I'm gonna attempt to follow the example set in number 3! 

Will chat tomorrow, enjoy your show! 💙

That sounds really awful and tough @Eden1717. I can understand why you are feeling a bit uncertain about talking to your psychologist about how you are feeling this time. Do you have anyone else that you feel comfortable talking to about what you are going through?

How did you go last night @Eden1717 ? 

@MB95  Last night did not go great I didn’t end up going to bed. 

@Sophia-RO  There is no one irl I feel like I can talk to about it I might try my psychologist but I don’t see them for a while so idk like I don’t think my family will understand but then again idk even if they did understand there isn’t much they could do to help. 

Today has been long and hard hard but I am trying to just focus on doing small things and trying to get ready for uni to start again so trying to do little bits of study to get back into it. 

I was the one who hid in a cupboard @MB95 Smiley LOL Though I don't remember why now

The internet is full of strange things, but of course poor sloths and slugs would be classed as 'slow'

Camping out here all night.. why does that seem familiar.. Smiley LOL We do try to encourage sLEeP and bOunDaRiES here on RO so I'm glad you tried to get some sleep

Sorry you didn't get any rest @Eden1717 Smiley Sad You must be exhausted. It makes sense that you couldn't sleep if you think someone's trying to hurt you or worse. It's good you're trying to distract with small tasks and getting ready for uni. You study before the start of the semester? So productive! Hopefully you can get some sleep soon Smiley Sad