cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Picking up the pieces and trying to move forward

Ahhhh that's super rough to hear @Eden1717, I can imagine that you would feel a bit frustrated and at a loss due to not being able to get started with your psychologist, as you had planned. It does sound like your psych has your best interests at heart, but it would still be super annoying. Are you still finding yourself pacing a lot today? I wanted to ask if exercise or psychical activity helps with getting rid of the extra energy at all, or if it doesn't really change things?

Highlighted

@Andrea-RO  I have been pacing but exercise isnt really helping at the moment. i am feeling really weird at the moment like i am about to start crying like i am not sad i just feel really off and still super agitated and i am really stressed about taking my meds and everything is freaking me out and i need to do my uni work but i cant i even just tried the kids helpline webchat and it didnt really help at all and i dont know what to do i am not feeling unsafe like i dont plan to hurt myself but i just feel like not right and it wont go away. 

Highlighted

no no, I get where you're coming from @Eden1717, it's really shit when you feel off, especially when you try ignoring it and it's not really going away. Have you been able to take your meds tonight? Even if you're feeling a bit concerned about them, it might be a good idea to take them, and then work from there. 

It's also ok to take a break from study if you need it. I know that sometimes I try and look at stuff, and none of the information properly gets absorbed, no matter how hard I try. I find on days like that it's easier to just take a step back and try again another day. sometimes I try and find youtube videos that are related to the topic so I feel like I am being productive, as well as learning something in a less concerning/demanding way

Highlighted

@Andrea-RO  I havent taken my meds yet and I dont even know what happened i tried laying down and then i dont remember sleeping but the time is gone and maybe i did except i dont remember waking up so how could i have been asleep and i really did have to have this done by today because i was supposed to write a little report on this weeks reading and i will have no time tomorrow and it is due by 9am on monday and i dont have time anymore unless i do it right now and i cant even focus i havent even been able to make myself dinner i dont even know what is happening and i still feel really weird and i just cant get everything done no matter how freaking hard i try it is never enough and i want to scream. 

Highlighted

Hello @Eden1717 I hope that you felt a bit better once you were able to take your medication. I hope that you are feeling a bit rested too. You must have needed to catch up on some sleep if you fell asleep quickly! Sorry to hear that you are worrying about your assignment, do you think you could set aside a bit of time today to get some more of it done? Hopefully you feel a bit more rested once you wake up today. Heart
Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717, I'm sorry to hear that things have been so tough lately Smiley Sad It sounds like uni has been really stressful and you've been really agitated and scared? Going full time seems like it's really overwhelming at the moment, especially when you've got to look after your mental health.. I know you don't want to keep putting off some of these units, but what you're going through sounds really distressing and not something you should have to tolerate while balancing all this work Smiley Sad Anyway, perhaps you should talk with your psych about managing your studies? What do you think?
Highlighted

@Sophia-RO  I don’t have time today I haven’t been able to do anymore of the assignment I don’t feel rested I don’t feel any better I am still super agitated and everything is a mess. 

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  I really can’t lighten my load. My psychologist said they don’t think we can work on anything properly until I am more stable and that they want me to have my meds reviewed by the psychiatrist. I don’t know what to do anymore I am trying so hard and I thought I could do all of this but everything feels like it is crumbling again and don’t understand they said if I take the meds I will feel better I am taking the meds and I still don’t feel right. I do everything I am supposed to and it still isn’t enough maybe the beings were right all along. 

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717, oh no it must be frustrating that you haven't been able to do anymore work and aren't feeling better. I can imagine that the pressure and stress must be building Smiley Sad Do you think it would be possible for you to get an extension? Or if it is an informal task, do you think your teachers might be understanding if your work is delayed? Adjusting to medication can be really challenging and one of your health professionals could attest to that for you.

I can hear that you are doing your best to get through this. If you aren't feeling any better, it might be worth chatting to your psychiatrist to discuss what is going on. It sounds like you are doing everything you can from your side of things.

Highlighted

@Taylor-RO  it is a formal task but it is not like an essay it is an equivalent for tutorial participation because i am having to do uni via distance and there isnt a question i can answer i just have to come up with something to say only even after going over the content i have nothing to say about it and i just cant do it. even if i had more time i wouldnt have anything to say about it. i will chat to my psychiatrist but they arent someone i can just talk to any time i have to wait for my appointments so between that if anything happens like i just have to wait. 

i feel really off still and everything is such a mess i found out a few hours ago i have a test tomorrow that i havent had time to study for because i was out literally all day and as well as a test i have to prepare a like speech in another freaking language and i havent done any of that it is all due tomorrow. i am so tired but i cant sleep and i am so agitated and i still feel like any second i am about to cry and i cant settle at all like i keep getting up and sitting down and i think ok i will try and watch something but then there is literally nothing i want to or feel like i can watch and there is just nothing except pacing that i can do for more than 5 minutes. 

Highlighted

I dont understand i really dont why it is that everyone else with this issue gets taken seriously and offered help and people understand that it is serious why is it everyone else except me why is it that everyone ignores me when i am asking begging for help with this and this thing is genuinely killing me and not even that slowly and the damage it has already done that i wont be able to fix but why is it always just left and ignored obviously i cant deal with it on my own but it seems no one actually cares if it does kill me.