cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help i need help i feel helpless please help

I am frustrated and feeling crap because…

-         I have homework and assignments

-         Going to school is a waste of time and is just causing me more stress and pressure that I don’t want right now

-         Teachers are pressuring me

-         I am pressuring me

-         I feel lonely, even though I’m not

-         Nothing is going my way

-         I just want to yell

-         People are not understanding me

-         I am getting angry at everyone

-         I have no friends, or I at least feel this way

-         I am super tired

-         Dancing is becoming tiring and boring coz it is easy and/or exam work that I wish would end

-         Mood swings are continuous

Maybe none of this would happen if I was positive, but right now school feels like it is weighing down my life and I cannot get out of this rut. I feel hopeless and majorly angry.

Please help, and please don’t just say to open my eyes. I have tried that and look where it got me.

I want to be reassured that it will all be ok – right now I am losing hope!

Re: Please help i need help i feel helpless please help

hey 012EmC,

Welcome to Reach Out! 

I'm sorry to hear that things are so crappy for you at the moment. It sounds like you've got heaps troubling you. It can be really hard to feel poitive and motivated when things are getting on top of you.

Here's a link to some stuff about feeling angry and depressed. It might help you get a sense of what's going on for you.

Headspace can provide you with access to health professionals so you can talk face to face with someone. If that's not your cup of tea, then you can call or web chat with KHL

Have you ever spoken to someone about how you feel before? Is this something you'd be willing to give a go?

Hey 012EmC 

It is terrible that you are going through such a tough time, you must be feeling very overwhelmed right now and the fact that you feel like people dont understand you must be very difficult. There is so much pressure on you right now and feeling lonely is only adding to that. 

You should be very proud of yourself because you got the courage to come and share your story with us, that is the first step to getting the help that you need. It is difficult being positive especially when you are going through so much and you should not put pressure on yourself to be positive, that takes time. Even though you say you are losing hope, it is important to see right now that you are strong and you are holding onto some hope to carry you through and you will get through this. 

NigioC has given you some great resources to contact when you need to talk and sometimes just by talking, it lightens the load even for a little bit. I also think it is important for you to take care of yourself, maybe take some time everyday to do something nice for yourself and make yourself happy because you deserve it. 

Take care of yourself. 

Thank you for your message. I will check out the links. I have been seeing a school counsellor but she hasn't really talked about how I feel, just how to set up a study timetable - which I don't need to know right now. I am a major stress head and let things get on top of me so...
Thank you!

Thank you for your message. It is good to know I have people who will hear me out! I have been feeling a lot better today, but I am still letting some things get on top of me. I will do something nice for myself today to take care of myself. Thanks again!

Don't give up, there is always hope. Something that l used to tell myself was 'This too shall pass". lt always does. Try to lighten your load if you can in regard to school. Go and see the School Counsellor and tell him/her how overwhelmed you are feeling. Get support and help for yourself by whatever means possible. Michele

hey,

I can defiantly sympathise with some of the things you've listed, some things that have helped me in the past with stress and pressure is to set really clear goals. Decide on goals that you want to achieve, things that you want, and image how great it is going to be to achieve this. If there aren't any external goals that you want to achieve right now, give yourself personal incentives to help make the goals more worth while. I know how much of a chiche it is, but if you find something really positive to look forward to, I've always found it can really help. Hope everything gets better for you!

Good for you doing some good things for yourself and taking time out. you're well and truly worth it. Take care. Michele

I would advise you to start looking for a job, school Isn't for everyone and there's always TAFE and if the job thing doesn't pan out you can ALWAYS repeat, I'm not sure what year you are in school but speaking to the school Councillor may be of help or simply a trustworthy older person that you may know. Life sucks that's agiven but that also depends on your perspective I mean how sucky can the life of Oprah Winfrey's be right? I'm getting off topic and even if one does have money you can still be unhappy. There are quite a few options you could try, looking up things that may interest you, watch movies, play your favourite sport (other than dance), begin a Journal and write how you really feel if you cannot find anybody to talk to about it and go from there (these are just suggestions) but it's all up to, what you want in life not me, and that makes all the difference.

I myself nearly pulled out of school during Year 11, but I stuck with it and graduated. I have that at least under my belt and will some day attend Uni but for now you need to focus on you, tell your parents (if they're understanding about this kind of thing) and persevere, without friends at the time pushing me to finish school I wouldn't of, sometimes we need that little nudge of encouragement and then we steamroll ahead.