cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help, important...

Re: Please help, important...

The first thing you need to do, if you haven't already, is take down the video. If you have the permission of the guy who made the video you may be able to just take her name out and re-upload them.
Don't promote your current video in anyway.

Secondly and very importantly, you need to apologise to the girl. If you were her you'd want an apology.
If you want to really make up for it, it would be really nice of you to actually do a few nice things for her to say sorry - bake/buy her a cupcake for example.

I don't think it's likely that you'll get sued, but hopefully you'll think before you post something which will unfairly insult someone again.
You can get past this, things can get back on a good path.

That's really good.

From the sounds of it I really don't think you're going to be put through the legal system.
It's obvious you want the whole situation to be left behind and I think she does too.
You're both probably feeling some embarrassment from this, people don't like to prolong that.

As long as you are making an effort in apologising and she can tell that there's some effort being made, I think it's able to be one left behind.
Once you feel like you've apologised properly and enough, with acknowledgement of the apology from her (that doesn't have to be forgiveness just acknowledgement of your regret), give her space and leave it alone.

Good-luck.

Highlighted

I'm glad you've done your best to apologise and you obviously regret it a lot, but I think the best thing for you now is to try and put it behind you. This is just one small incident in the whole scheme of things, and it's not worth mulling over and over now that it's happened and past. As long as you've done everything you can to put it right, then there's nothing more you can do. Everyone screws up and does stupid things, but NONE of that is worth trying to end your own life. I think that's something that maybe you should talk to someone about, nobody deserves to feel like they should die, no matter how big of a disappointment you think you are.

Remember, the important thing is not what you've done to mess up in the past, it's how you pick yourself up again afterwards.

Hey Al D. The situation was unfortunate and your classmates feelings were hurt. It was a mistake but it wasn't one with malicious intent. If you have genuinely apologised and removed the video, that is all you can do. Guilt and remorse and very tough emotions to deal with, but you don't deserve to feel like you need to end your life over it. I urge you to get in touch with the Kid's Helpline on 1800 55 1800 and speak to a counsellor. They are availabe 24 hours a day and you can remain completely anonymous,

I noticed you have deleted your posts. Is this because you are worried about legal repurcussions, or do you regret sharing with us? Reach Out is a safe space to talk, and I hope you feel comfortable being open here.

Thankyou everyone.

I am still alive Smiley Happy

I do have school tomorrow. I am anxious, worried and nervous. Will i be okay?

I can't guarantee that everything will go well tomorrow and all will be okay.
I do know that whatever happens tomorrow regarding this issue you can get through it.

It's completely understandable that you're anxious, worried and nervous about going, it's good that you're able to identify that. It's likely that these feelings will make you want to just avoid whats going on, but you should defy those feelings and go. Go, see what happens and let everything gradually sort it all out.

You can apologise to her again tomorrow, defuse situations if you need to and ultimately continue on as though it didn't happen.
If it's the reaction the school may have that's worrying you most tomorrow, it's the prime opportunity to prove to them that you're sorry and trying to make things better.

You can get through tomorrow. For all you know right now, it may just play out like any other day.

I want to reiterate what Elle Belle said, I think it'd be a really good idea for you to speak to a professional or a place like kidshelpine or eheadspace. From what your previous posts said, it sounds like this is just an incident that has pushed you more firmly in to a way you're already feeling.

I find that school gossip, much like Hollywood, only lasts until the next scandal comes along.  Everyone else will move onto something else soon, so the important thing is that you're able to cope with your emotions.