cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poetry, I don't know if this is what you call it but yeah.

Slowly sticking the knife inverse,
The slowness is what I've been waiting for,
Slowness is what I had expected,
The inverse knife knows no bone,
The knife hits where the heart was
Only the remains of the bright star that has had its time of life.

It's only quite short but I don't know if it makes sense to you guys but it makes sense to me so I thought I might share it

Re: Poetry, I don't know if this is what you call it but yeah.

I'd call it poetry @Josh99, or lyrics if you ever decided to put it to music. Some pretty dark themes going on there. I'm not much of a writer but it looks to me like it's both about pain and feeling numb at the same time. Is that the context? It looks like it might reference self harm too, so I wanted to check that you're ok and that you're safe?

I read in the other poetry thread that your psych has encouraged you to write. You're quite talented with words! Does it help to have a creative outlet?

Thank you, yeah it's mostly me just putting the pen down and not letting it leave the page until the bad thoughts are out of my head. Thank you for
Asking but yes I can't deal with emotions normally I just write about it and when I express emotions I always dance around because I can't target the word I can only describe what it feels like, I use that by poetry and just use short analogues like I told my friend that I have a jousting session to please the King in my mind all of the time, then I elaborated on that by saying that the jousters never die even if they do they are just replaced by another jouster and if they fall of the horse they will always bet back on the horse. thats how I describe my depression

@Josh99 Wow, that's a really beautiful poem! But also very sad, I hope you're doing okay today. 

And what a cool metaphor to describe depression. Am I right in understanding that it's like, you are the jouster and keep climbing back on the horse even though depression keeps knocking you off? 

To be honest I believe that writing is interpretated by the way people see things and how life is bought upon them. Not one person can dictate that but, I'm mean like my way of it is that there are always constant battles in my mind that I fight but I'm yet to describe that but thank you for the feedback.

@Josh99 ah, I'm sorry, that makes sense! I suck at metaphors I'm afraid, I'm sorry I interpreted it wrong. 

Poetry and analogies sound like a really moving way of understanding and describing your experiences Smiley Happy 

@Josh99 how have things been going for you lately? 

Hey druidchild thanks for asking, I've iust been writing a lot more than I should and just trying to improve my writing

I love to write as well @Josh99! I liked your poem. Do you write other things too, or just poetry?

Hi @roseisnotaplant, thank you I would like to hear some
Of your own poetry if you don't mind. Well in a way I write lyrics in a bit but mostly it's just poetry if you could even call it that. But I would like to share my writing a bit more