cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Poetry, I don't know if this is what you call it but yeah.

Hey @Josh99, glad to hear you've been able to do some more writing - I don't think there's ever such a thing as writing too much! Feel free to share some more of your poetry/lyrics if you feel like it Smiley Happy 

Do you ever set your lyrics to music?

@roseisnotaplant How cool that you write as well! we'd love to see some of what you've written, too, if you feel like sharing Smiley Happy 

Thank you @DruidChild @ roseisnotaplant I'll share one of my other ones if there are some unknown words I used some French words.

She played me well,
I played her well,
Lies, deceit,
The agony and torture of my petite amie,
Packing up in my holiday home,
The Elle's smiles don't cure the sick
The Elle's laughter does cure the blue
Only the Winfield scented wetness of the face
Only the abused red eye
Blood stopped rushing to my heart
a stain on a white shirt never seems to fix,
Forever I will be crying to bits

I play the guitar and piano, but I'm no good at it so I don't really try. But I feel like it can sung.

By the way the last line I think it pretty corny but at the time I was drunk as hell so that explains that

That's really awesome @Josh99. It's really evocative of the kind of sadness it sounds like you're writing about. And now I'm trying to figure how the tune would go if it was sung... Smiley Tongue

@DruidChild thanks, I've had some sort of tunes in my mind. For me it sounds like a slow dark song in a way. I have a few chords in mind that I like that seem dark.

@Josh99 Yeah I can definitely hear it with a slow dark tune. Almost mournful in a way? Keep us updated (if you want to) Smiley Happy

@DruidChild yeah I will thanks, I feel like that is what I was going
For but I don't think it's good enough to be a lyricist but I'm
Going to keep
Writing it's not like
I can't stop

You certainly have a way with words @Josh99. I can see your lyrics in some sort of metal song, it has the same feel. 

I was thinking of that as well @NickiPower like a fast paced sort of song.

I enjoyed that poem too @Josh99, good thing I take French at school Smiley Happy I also play the guitar and have tried to write song lyrics, but for some reason they always turn into into limericks...