//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: Possible eviction

I need my dogs I can't get rid of them they are my family

Oh no

Hey @j95, I'm so sorry to hear that you're in this situation. I think some really solid advice has been given here, and @DirtWitch has also given you some really great orgs to talk to. Having pets can make finding a place to stay temporarily more complicated, but it helps that you aren't being forced out of the place just yet.

Have you been able to talk to those resources yet? 

don't know where im going to go I have one week 

Highlighted

It might be worth having a look at crisis housing resources just in case you find you have nowhere to stay, and as far as I can tell Lort Smith Animal Hospital says it has temporary boarding facilities for people in crisis, so it might be worth contacting them to see if your dogs can stay with them while you look for a place to stay.

Do you know someone else who might be willing to look after your dogs for a while as well? 

Hey @j95 some good news on the pet front, new laws have just passed in Vic allowing pets in rentals. You can read up on it here.  There's also bond loans you can get quickly if you're stuck (I have been in this position myself, not fun!). And I have recently found a housemate quite quickly using Facebook Groups - there's a few out there. Also flatmates.com.au is stellar!

I know it's super stressful, but online has some great resources to assist when you've got to sort out your living situation quickly.. We're all here to listen as you need mate.

Unless there is an existing sharehouse my current housemate and i will probably find somewhere together again but because we don't have a lot of time I'm imagining we won't be able to get a place so best we stick to sharehouses already up and going 

Will look at Lort Smith, thanks 

Fuck I'm an idiot 

Hey @j95, any news on the housing situation?

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

So, I found a place that is currently a sharehouse I spoke to the people today they seem really nice hoping to be able to live there but I won't be able to live there straight after I leave here, I need to find somewhere for a week or so