cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problems

@annabethxchase Good on you for reaching out to 1800 Respect and being so resourceful in getting in touch here as well. Use this space as a place to talk about how your feeling, and know your not alone in this <3 

Have you contact Kids Helpline before? https://kidshelpline.com.au/ surrounding yourself with support is important at times like this. Also remember what helps you through tough times for example some people find listening to music helpful and relaxing. Is there something nice you can do for yourself tonight? 

@Bee Hey, at school now but will give a read at home. Thanks!

Yeah, I do have a counselor their and have spoken to her in the past but - sounds weird - her voice is really annoying to listen to and it drove me crazy! Indeed it is, exam week is coming up & there is so much!!

Hi @annabethxchase  so glad to hear you gave 1800 respect a go, even if they weren't able to give you any new advice or information  - did it help you at all to talk about it? 

Thanks for telling us that about your counsellor - it doesn't sound weird at all ! If their voice annoys you, it can make it hard to have a productive session. 

Is there another counsellor you could try? 

I can imagine exams are stressful. How are you looking after yourself this week?

@annabethxchase awesome to hear Smiley Happy
I agree with @gina-RO It doesn't sounds weird at all! You've got to feel 100% comfortable with a counsellor to have a productive session, and if their voice is annoying to you, then that is okay.
I remember one counsellor I saw at school that I didn't like, I don't exactly remember why but I didn't feel comfortable with her and I didn't find the sessions I had helpful. But in contrast when I first met my current psychologist I knew within that first session that she was someone I wanted to work with long term - she was quieter and had a soothing tone in her voice and how she responded. I still see her today and I feel absolutely comfortable with her, and have made awesome progress with my mental health journey to recovery. So it absolutely makes a difference and matters that you get along with the person you are seeing.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy x

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hey That's so great, glad your doing well. Hopefully the perfect fit come along!

The school is hiring a new counselor at some point this year so hopefully they are good, I've had a jam packed homework week so I'm just gonna chill tonight and watch a show I like

@annabethxchase - great! I hope they are able to help you.

You sound like a strong and resilient person - a big part of being strong, is knowing when to ask for help, and knowing what help to get. Keep reaching out, and we are all here to listen, offer support along the way Heart

What show are you going to watch? 

aw hopefully the new counsellor is good (if you choose to see them) @annabethxchase

sounds like a good night ! if you need someone to speak to at any point if something happens i would recommend Kids Helpline and of course you can always talk on here ! sending big hugs❤️❤️

@gina-RO@litgym

Thanks so much means a lot! I'm watching 800 words, only problem is that a new episode only come once a week!