cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing therapy.

I'm doing trauma counselling atm and I'm finding it hard to deal with especially the nights following a session. I keep thinking about trauma(s) we talked about in the session. 

Today I told my counsellor something I've never told anyone. I feel sick and my chest hurts. 

How do I stop it getting to me so much. How do I keep moving forward with my past destroying everything again. 

===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Re: Processing therapy.

This is a hard one @redhead I think hopefully as you move through the therapy and now that you've voiced this trauma that may make it easier to process and manage Heart 

Did the psych or counsellor give you any strategies to help with the after effects of sessions like this? If not, I think maybe next time you go in, take them through how things were for you after the session and hopefully you can work together to come up with a plan for next time?

I'm definitely going to bring it up in my next session
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Hi @redhead
proud of you for working through this, it sounds like it would be very challenging afterwards.
I like @Erin-RO 's idea of making a plan or asking for strategies to help with the after effects of sessions.
I really hope it works out for you, please keep us updated Heart

@redhead how are you doing today? Working through trauma can be so confronting, I hope your therapist can help you find some ways of dealing. Thinking of you Heart