cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Questioning my Gender. Is this just a phase? (Maybe a TW? Just talks a lil about body stuff)

Hey again @Esperanza67, thanks for checking up on me! Everything is pretty much the same, I'm still always thinking of this, but it feels a bit better now that it's off my chest. 

I've been looking around at binders, my only problem is, I'm a little hesitant at the possibility of my mum finding out about it. I've been looking around though and found a website that apparently has pretty discreet packaging, so I might do a little bit more research from here 😊

I will admit, thinking about this has really made me aware of how self conscious I am about their opinions. Its always "Oh, but what would so-and-so think?" it's never about what makes ME happy. After both the message from you and @WheresMySquishy I'm going to try my best to be more aware of this and do what makes ME happy, rather than what pleases others

Thank you for helping me Smiley Happy

Re: Questioning my Gender. Is this just a phase? (Maybe a TW? Just talks a lil about body stuff)

Hey @whatevermannn, apologies for the late reply (uni has been driving me nuts this week haha). I love reading your message about how you should do whatever makes YOU happy, rather than what would please everyone else. I 100% agree with that statement and I think that it is super important.

Good luck with everything, and feel to let us know how everything goes! I'm cheering for you! <3

@@Esperanza67 @Thank you for replying at all! I hope Uni goes well for yoSmiley Very Happy

I'm still trying to get myself in the mindset of doing what makes me happy, but I'm getting there. I think moving at a snail's pace is better than not moving at all Smiley Happy

Ill be sure to update with any major thing that happens Smiley Very Happy

Again, thank you for helping and checking up on me, I really appreciate it

Quick Update:

I bit the bullet and bought a binder, which I am, for one, really happy about. But I'm also terrified of my parents finding out? I don't know how they'd react if they found out I was experimenting a little bit and that scares me. Wish me luck y'all, I hope you guys are well, thanks again for all your help

@whatevermannn congratulations and good luck!!

If you're interested, some possible responses if they find out and want to know why you have a binder:

•"it's for cosplay/ acting" (only works if you do cosplay/ acting really)

•"one of my friends really wants one for cosplay/ acting, and her birthday's coming up"

•"one of my friends is trans, but it's not safe for him to tell his parents, so when he bought a binder I let him send it to our address" (this has the added bonus of working as a test to see how they respond to the idea of both binding and being trans)

•"It's a sports compression bra"  (these are fairly popular now, it should work if your binder looks remotely like compression bra)

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf thank you so much! That sports bra one is really good and I might use it if the need arises! Thank you Smiley Very Happy

@whatevermannn you're welcome. 😊
Hope it all goes well!