cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW desperately need help, running out of options

Hey, I know how you feel. It feels like everyone is just saying it will get better and it will pass. They all say the same thing. I don’t feel like anyone actually cares anymore and it’s probably my fault bc I became distant and destructive. ATM I feel so alone like I can’t talk to anyone bc I don’t trust anybody at all but I also don’t know what to say to them bc I pretend to be so much happier that they believe it and when I say. I want to die they all laugh and say ok...

Hi @Heretorelate  I wanted to say welcome to the forums.

It can be really disappointing when you feel like no-one is really listening to you. I am sorry to hear that you have been feeling so alone. We are here to listen Heart

You spoke about saying that you didn't want to live anymore, are you safe right now?

What kind of supports do you have in place, are you speaking with any mental health professionals at the moment?

The forums is a safe space to share how you are feeling and it is OK to talk about having suicidal thoughts, but we want to make sure everyone is talking about this in a safe way, our post about how to talk safely about suicide is really helpful and also our community guidelines  

@Heretorelate I used to feel exactly like that. It probably doesn't seem like it right now, but I'm doing better than I was then..

It can get better, but that won't just magically happen like everyone seems to think it will. Smiley Frustrated Good supports can be really important.

You've said how you were feeling, even if it was anonymous, that's pretty brave!

Definitely agree with @Claire-RO.

If you need any help finding supports, feel free to let me know.

Highlighted

Hey @Heretorelate 

I just wanted to let you know that I moved your comment into it's own thread so that we can support you here. I hope that's okay with you - also I did want to check in with you as you seemed to be having really rough day yesterday. How are you doing today? Heart 

I’ve been to psychologist and all but nothing seems to change.

Yea it’s fine, thank you for all the love and support but all my days seem to be negative. 

@Heretorelate have you let your psychologist know that nothing seems to be improving?

Sometimes if therapy isn't working, it can be good to try a different approach.

For example, CBT works really well for my anxiety, but when I tried it with my depression it didn't really change anything. I've been getting a bit better results with DBT though. 

Different techniques can work for different people, and it might take some trial and error to figure it out. 

Hey @Heretorelate 

That must be really hard for you Heart Good on you for making those first steps to see a psychologist though - that can be a really hard process to get started. You should feel proud of yourself for trying to find solutions. 

@Tiny_leaf has made some very true points here. A big part of getting better comes from trial and error. There's lots of different paths towards recovery and it can take some time to figure out what has the most impact for you. Do you think you would feel comfortable telling your psychologist that you might need to try something different? Heart 

Know that we are here for you.