cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I have been going through a hard time in the last 1 year . I was accused of things I never did. I was accused of murder, theft from the workplace, and treated different by most staff aswell as managers. I never stole from the work place or killed a person.

People who I thought were my friends went around telling people I was a liar, which I have never lied about the things these people said I did.

I found out that people at work were laughing and abusing me by calling me a 'sicko' 'liar' ' idiot' and a murderer. I noticed a lot of people were looking at their phones and laughing . I new something was wrong but I wasn't sure. I told myself its nothing and I am ok however It wasn't ok , Someone went around pretending to me, while these people would tell everyone that the real me is a fake. I have lost family, friends and respect in my community . I don't feel I can ever find friends or have the life I want because of these accusations. I know I could seek legal advice but I feel it may be to hard to prove that I am innocent, The reason I think this because there are more of them, then they are of me. Everything in my life has been destroyed and I have no idea what to do. I am trying to keep positive and busy however I feel I need to speak up and let people know what is going on. I don't feel anyone would care and I feel these people are still after me. I have been followed home and abused in pulbic and I don't think I can cope much longer. A lot of my family have deleted me and blocked me on Facebook . How do I restore my reputation?

Highlighted

Re: Reputation

Hi anonymous.

Sorry to hear you've been having a tough time. Being accused of things you didn't do is never nice. I'm not really sure what to suggest though apart from that you look after yourself and if you can find someone you can talk to, especially if you're experiencing bullying or abuse. Would it be possible to talk to your manager/boss at work about how your co workers have been treating you or talk to a counsellor or other professional? We can only give a limited amount of advice on this sort of topic because we don't have the knowledge or the right to give legal advice.

I hope things can improve for you over time.

Highlighted

Hi @Anonymous301 

I'm really sorry to hear everything you've been through. It sounds like it's been very traumatic. Whenever someone goes through something intense like the situation you describe, it is always worthwhile getting some emotional support so that you can get help working through it. With all you've been through, talking to a professional might make a huge difference to your ability to get back on your feet and start to feel ok again. Lifeline and Kids Helpline (if you are under 25) are both great services where you can access phone counselling and online support.

With the other stuff, the harrassment and abuse, the police are the best people to help you with that. You can visit your local area command and talk to the polce person behind the counter. They should be able to guide you on your next step.

Best of luck.

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply. @Lightuptheworld and @NigioC

I am currently seeing a psychologist and been working through a few things . I am trying hard to look after myself but these thoughts of what has been happening has stopped me from trying. I am no longer at work and I do not think talking to the manager would help since the manager is friends with these people. It's not just at work, it's outside of work too. I really do not feel safe sometimes, outside of the house or even inside. I have talked about this with the psychologist and my doctor and taking legal action might make it worse or it could result in more stress. I know the only way  to get away from it all is to leave this town and make a new start somewhere else however being out of work makes it harder. I have no other option other than to stick through it . I have considered talking to the police however I do not have enough proof, since I have never seen the Facebook account and only noticed the changes in peoples behavior. If I did, they might end up pinning it all on me. I am only one they are in groups and it's not just the workplace, it's there friends as well as friends I use to have . I am not sure if I did anything wrong, nobody has asked me for myside of the story . I feel like beating someone up and going after them in the same way to show them how it feels to be accused of something .

Highlighted

@Anonymous301 everyone deserves to feel safe inside their own home, and I'm really sorry to hear it's escalated to the point where you no longer do. Are there any close friends or family members who you can tell your side of the story to? They may be able to help you find out the source of these horrible rumours, or at least be a source of support and comfort when the town seems to small. But I do urge you not to act on your desire to beat anyone up, as it can only do more harm than good. As they say, an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

You seem like a strong person who is capable of getting through this, and I hope you will continue discussing the situation with your psychologist and your doctor.