cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sad and Depressed :(

@cookies were the circumstances she was in similar to yours? If it was then don't you think it's reasonable to feel the way you feel right now?

Do you have anyone you can talk to who has been in a situation like this before that can help you make this decision? Do you think it would be helpful to talk to someone you're close to about it to see what they think?

By the stories that i have heard from the girl that is quitting, the employer acts this way to all the previous employees. They just all mysteriously never turn up to work again. I don't know anyone that has been in this position to talk to it about. Part of the reason that i posted on this forum hoping to find someone to help in my decision process. I'm not really close to anyone, not close enough to talk to them about stuff.

That's okay @cookies. We do have a very diverse range of people here who have had very different experiences so I'm sure there are some people who could share their experiences with you Smiley Happy.

you guys have been quite insightful and helpful so far. Smiley Happy

@cookies you are really strong to have stuck it out for this long! I'm not sure where you work but if it is a chain would it be possible to ask to move to another store? I did that once when I had a supervisor who was a bully. Bullying at work is against the law - here is some information from the Fair Work Obudsmen about it. If you want to you can contact them about it and find out what your rights are if you feel that this would be helpful.

Do you think looking for a new job could be a way that you could feel better about quitting if you decide to go through with that?

I sent my employer a message this afternoon stating that im quitting and my reasoning. I called her twice, but they hasn't gotten back to me. I am confused if i should go in tomorrow (i really dont want to) Smiley Sad but i havent gotten my pay yet, so i dont want to break all communication with them.

Hey cookie, 

Sounds tough what you're going through at the moment, I've never told my mum or any of my family about my mental health at all prefer to keep my lips locked but if it helps i suffered from shitty mental health for a while depression anxiety etc but i found the best thing to do for it is gym i got told dont knock it till ya try it not sure what youre like with gyms coz quite frankly never met ya but you seem to sound like you are struggling like a lot of people including myself have all ive got to say is keep your chin up and chase success in whatever you are doing 

Take it is bud and gym really helped me with my depression never know till you give it a go 

@dreamchaser97 i've been thinking about the gym but that costs money. so can't go till i get paid and find another job.

Hey @cookies, how are you feeling after contacting your employer?  It's a very big step quitting your job but the way you've handled it is amazing.  Hopefully they're understanding. Smiley Happy

@FootyFan26 I contacted them through messeging about me quitting and also tried calling them but i still haven't heard back from them. It has been like 3 days.... i'm calling FTO tomorrow.... But i feel so much better, i actually getting some sleep now and appetite is going back to normal.. But i'm still going to work on myself one step at a time.