cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Sad (maybe TW)

Feel like I don't have anything positive or meaningful to pursue or be working on or creating. Also feeling very isolated and like I'm just drifting. Just feeling really down and dissatisfied.

Highlighted

Re: Sad (maybe TW)

I'm sorry you're feeling like you're lacking direction and purpose at the moment @hellofriend Smiley Sad That must suck and feel a bit unsettling for you... I'm feeling similar at the moment because I'm on uni holidays and have nothing to do. I was thinking about finding a job or volunteering but I don't think I'd get anywhere with that because no one wants me! Smiley Tongue Would you be interested in trying to apply for a job or volunteer somewhere? Or are you already working/studying?

Has something happened for you to feel this way? What do you usually find purpose from?
Highlighted

@hellofriend  I'm sorry you're feeling down right now. Smiley Sad I don't know if there is anything that I can do to make you feel better, but I just wanted to say that I'm here for you. Heart

Highlighted

Hey @hellofriend 

HeyFriend.gif

I hope you are doing well, and know that we are here for you. Don't be afraid to reach out because there is surely someone that cares for you in your family or friends. In time your situation will get better you just need to hang in there. Your life will turn around and you will find your passion and calling.

Hope you are doing well friend.

Highlighted

Hi @hellofriend 

I hope you are feeling better today. How are you feeling at the moment? 

What kinds of things have you tried to help feel a little better? 

I understand things must be tough for you right now. But I believe that things can change. Please hold onto hope. We're here for you on the forums. Update us here when you can Heart

Highlighted

Thanks for the support guys!

I'm feeling better at the moment.

I got pretty thrown off when a thing I'd been working hard towards for a while got knocked off course. Now I'm pretty sure it'll be ok.

This week I'm gonna get the house clean, pack, and relax/have fun. Then I'm gonna go on what should be an amazing 11 day holiday we've planned last minute. Then when I get back I'm starting back at uni doing 2 units, will probably start getting dribs and drabs of work again, and will keep engaging with a meaningful (but not very strenuous) course I'm doing. It's seeming like a good plan.

Highlighted

Feeling really bad.

So sick of all the dodgy stuff that happens in my workplace.

Very tired of dealing with mean/rude/self centred people.

And I really don't know what I'm doing with my life. I don't know if things can turn out ok.

Highlighted

Hey @hellofriend, those things are really difficult to deal with.. especially as it sounds like it has been happening a lot for you. I am sorry you are having to experience these things, it must get pretty old and exhausting. Figuring out what to do with your life is tough and I know you are definitely not alone in feeling that way. I have been talking about this with one of my friends who is struggling to find a path to follow. It can such a heavy feeling to sit with. I know these types of things are particularly difficult to figure out right now too, seeing as people are recovering/still going through the pandemic Heart
Highlighted

Hey @hellofriend,

I'm sorry to hear about the things happening with your work, it sounds like a pretty draining environment which really ruins your mood, especially after having a good holiday and overall feeling better. I'm not sure that it sounds like a good place for you to be in long-term. Do you have any positive things or places that you can use to wind down?

Highlighted

Hey @hellofriend,

I am sorry to hear these things are happening in your life. I can relate to you on your point about not knowing what you are doing with your life. I have been reminding myself lately that with everything going on in the world that it is okay not to have a plan/an idea of what the future is going to look like. Humans thrive off of certainty though so I know this can be difficult to come to terms with at uncertain times. I find that routine in daily life helps during periods of not knowing what I'm doing in the near or far future, for example, exercising 5-6 times a week and planning this out Sunday night, as well as, a morning and night routine no matter what the middle of my day looks like. Do you have any ideas of activities you could do in the morning or before bed to get a routine going?