cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad

I don't know if this is the right place for me. But whenever I'm by myself even if someone is in the next room I can't help but feel sad and alone and feel like I'm never going to be something. I feel like I've lost everything even tho I have a awesome family. Usually I'm always happy and never thought I would ever feel this was. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Re: Sad

Hey Bron

Welcome to the forums. We are happy to have you here. It's terrible that you are feeling this way and its even harder to think you were always happy and now you feel sad and alone. What happened that you feel sad about?

We all feel sad sometimes and its absolutely normal and you are not alone. I am a very happy person and I hate when I feel sad because I start feeling angry at myself for feeling sad but its good to express how you feel, cry if you feel like it, yell if you feel like it. What helps me cope with feelings of sadness is watching comedy, exercising, listening to music that's uplifting and I may not feel 100% but I feel better than I did before. You just need to find what helps you cope. This link might help

You said that you have an awesome family and thats great Smiley Happy you have a good support system, have you talked to anyone in your family about how you are feeling?

Hope to hear from you soon Smiley Happy 

Hi. Basically what I think why I feel this way is I left my partner of 4 years. Somedays I'm ok with it someday not so much.
I cry at the drop of a hat somedays. I do listen to music. A lot. And that does help sometimes. I do talk to my family about the breakup. But just opened up to my brother today about feeling sad and he had no idea. My brother, his wife and two kids are kind of like my rock nowadays. They help a lot. They talk and my sister in law stays up late with me till I feel tired enough to sleep. I have other brothers I call and they talk to me for hours if I feel like it. And my dad is always great for support too. The best thing is spending time with my nephews who make me laugh and smile all day! I really do have the best support system which makes me think why the hell do I feel this way. I don't deserve to feel sad I have so much wonderful stuff around me.
Just don't know what to do.
Thanks for helping Smiley Happy

Hey Bron Smiley Happy

Such a great family!
Feeling sad after breaking up with someone, especially after a long term relationship, is completely natural and not something  fully in your control. Having such an awesome family who support you so much is definitely going to make it a lot easier, but you also need to give it time so that you yourself can come to grips with what has happened and re-adjust.

So don't worry about feeling down about being sad as with time and the support from your family it will slowly fade away.

If you have the time have a look at some of the stories our community have shared with us about breakups like Waking up to Breaking Up.

All the best and remember we'll always be here if you need any more support Smiley Happy

Thanks! Will look into those stories. Thank you for letting me get it off my chest.

Hi Bron,

I know I am delayed in replying to your thread but your post really resonates with me. I went through the same thing a couple of years ago when I left my boyfriend of four years. I think its great you have such a wonderful support network surrounding you.

A break up is such a journey. Going through all the tough times, sadness & loneliness often gives us a wonderful gift along the way. It will make you realise your strengths, your positives and you will be a stronger person going through such an experience. You will learn alot about life, love and yourself.

So hang in there & take it all a day at a time.

Allow yourself to feel sad sometimes, but my advice is to embrace the happy moments when they arise (like when you are with your nephews) because I ensure that overtime without even realising the happy moments start over ruling any of the sad.

LL Smiley Happy