cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sadness over relationship with my parents

@Claire-RO I might talk to my kids helpline counselor on Sunday. I have gone to my therapy group today and talked to some of the leaders about what's going on. Well some nice things umm I guess watch my favourite show and chill out doing things I like like drawing or reading. Hmm. Still feeling so flat Smiley Sad 

Hey @mspaceK 

It's good that you expressed your feelings to some group leaders today. Did it help to let it out? 

Also, what's your favourite TV show at the moment? I just finished Mindhunter Season 2 and need something new to watch... 

@Maddy-RO I guess it helped a little bit to tell someone other than my boyfriend what's been going on. I had sport tonight that was good at least. 

I started watching The Crown which was cool. 

Hey @mspaceK, that's really great that you've spoken to someone other than your boyfriend about what is going on. Getting different perspectives on your situation is a good way to understand what's going on for you. I'm glad you've started watching The Crown. It's such a great show and really sucks you in! I just finished Stranger Things 3 which was pretty incredible if you like sci-fi mixed with 80s nostalgia.  What do you think you might do to look after yourself today? I'm going to go for a walk in the sunshine and get a coffee in an hour or so. 

@MisoBear I've seen up to about episode 4 of the latest stranger things. 

I'm getting ready to go to my psychologist appointment and later today I have work for a couple hours at my other job. 

I'm not sure what I can do for myself today. Not sure what I feel like. But maybe I'll play some computer games and get something easy for lunch. 

Hey @mspaceK, I'm proud of you for going to your psych appointment today, and also for doing some hours at your job. You've been dealing with so much and you deserve to feel good.

Some games sound nice. Are there particular games that make you feel relaxed?

@mspaceK I hope you enjoy the time today you have for yourself and the appointment goes well Heart

Thank you @Bre-RO and @MisoBear . I have another appointment tomorrow, not with my psych but with someone else at headspace. I don't know if they will be able to help me. I feel ashamed to be me. Sometimes I feel like it's impossible to be helped.  

I'm feeling a bit anxious tonight. My boyfriend is about to go to work so I'm going to be home alone for a while. 

No games in particular that I can think of. But I guess drawing is relaxing. I really have to focus on what I'm doing. 

Hey @mspaceK 

Thanks for recommending The Crown the other night. Seems like it might be high up in my "next to watch" list given both you and @MisoBear's have spoken highly of it. I've also finished Season 3 of Stranger Things and can't wait for the next season to come out. You mention your up to episode 4 @mspaceK - keep watching - I know it starts off slow but gets more interesting! Smiley Happy

I love what @MisoBear has said. You definitely deserve to feel good. It upsets me to hear that you are ashamed to be you. You have nothing to be ashamed of Heart. Lots of people suffer with mental health conditions. People also differ in the time they take to get better. The fact that you are so trying so hard to improve right now is something you should be really proud of. You are seeking support from multiple sources despite feeling tired and overwhelmed. That effort and strength is what is going to get you through. I definitely believe you will get better. Hang in there Heart.

How were your appointments? 

Did you end up doing much drawing last night? I've been drawing lots on my iPad recently. We should share drawings soon! 

@Maddy-RO I'm devastated because the person I was supposed to see today has unfortunately called in sick. I won't be able to see them until late next week it seems. I wrote a letter about everything going on and how I've been feeling and I just wanted to tell this person everything and now I can't.  I know it's just the way it is. But I really need support right now. It's not fair and I feel like bursting into tears. Everything is just bubbling up inside me. I feel so lonely and like no one is around to support me. 

My psych appointment was my last one. We talked alot about safety and my psych was worried about me and we just made a plan of action for the day to keep myself safe. I can't afford to keep going to sessions now that my care plan is finished. It's so shit. 

Maybe sometime I'll post a drawing. What do you like to draw? 

I did no drawing because I was writing the letter to show my worker today.  Well that was a complete waste of time. I balled my eyes out writing it too. I hate feeling so depressed Smiley Sad