cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sadness over relationship with my parents

@Maddy-RO I'm not very good at colouring in. 

1567257907413937410352.jpg

I'm invited to my parents house for a fathers day dinner tonight and I really don't want to go. I don't want to be around my parents or siblings. :'( there will be some kind of argument or bullshit drama and I don't want to be triggered :'( I don't know what to do. I hate fathers day. 

Highlighted

Hi @mspaceK, that sounds really tough. I know that some of the interaction you have with your family is really hard on you. I can see how a day like today can really bring out those emotions for you. If seeing your family is making you feel this way, is it an option for you to not attend? If this is not possible, then what support do you need to get you through attending whilst protecting your mental health? Heart I was wondering whether you can edit whether you are safe or not into your post?

@Taylor-RO I have the option to go or not ultimately and I've pretty much already decided that I'm not going. I'm just miserable. I had work this morning and I am at my bf's house just laying on his bed. He keeps asking me what I want to do today and I have zero motivation for anything. :'( I'm just making him unhappy. Smiley Sad he even said he can see that I'm really down and he wants to help but doesn't know what and I don't know either. I just want to do nothing. Smiley Sad idk. 

Hey @mspaceK, it is great that you have control over whether you attend or not.. I imagine it still isn't easy.. is your family understanding of your choice? Doing nothing is okay.. in fact, it is one of my favourite things to do.. it can be hard to know what you need especially when someone is just trying to help.. Sometimes we just need a break. Do you think doing nothing and just being in the same room as your boyfriend, is what you need? I know I just love being in the same room as people, even if we are both doing very different things.. company can help when your mood is low. I have sent you an email by the way Heart

Hi @Taylor-RO . I'm still spending time with my boyfriend. We've just been watching tv together and I slept a lot this afternoon. I also played some video games and then we went to my house to pick up some things so i can stay at his. I think not going to my parents house tonight was the right thing to do. I'm unsure of how my parents will react in person next time I see them, especially my dad because I definitely did not wish him a "Happy father's day." And ome of my siblings will be upset that i didn't go over to see them. I don't know how long I'm going to feel like this in this low mood Smiley Sad 

Well I can't see my headspace worker for another week and a half. Smiley Sad I feel like the world is shitting on me and purposely doesn't want me to get help. I'm so frustrated. 

I don't have work today and I'm at my boyfriend's house. He's just having a shower. I don't really know what I want to do today. It's really hard because I have little motivation. There are things I could do but the idea of everything is annoying me. 

I don't know how to be positive and motivated and happy. There's just too many things to think about. Hmm my khl counselor says to be kind to myself. Hmm. 

I really wish I could have seen my headspace worker this week. 

Smiley Sad it's not fair. 

Hey @mspaceK 

I'm sorry you aren't able to see your headspace worker for another week and a half, waiting for support can be disheartening. I just want to acknowledge how resourceful you are in coordinating help for yourself. 

I think your khl counselor is right, but what could that look like in practise? When I feel unmotivated I try to be kind to myself by 

• not beating myself up for not having energy 
  • doing something relaxing with my lack of energy (binge watch a tv show, get into comfy clothes, get soft blankets and pillows, drink tea, listen to music, read a book in bed) 
  • not pressuring myself to feel happy or positive - sometimes it helps to accept that is  how we feel in the moment and not force ourselves to feel otherwise or feel guilty for how we feel. 

What are some things you can do to enjoy your day off/rest? Heart 

@Bre-RO I've done a little bit of reading my book in bed while my boyfriend watches some youtube videos and I played a few games on my phone. We're about to go to the shops and I'll probably buy some lunch I think even though I have barely any appetite. 

My cousin just sent me a video of her child saying a message to me. They live interstate but I hardly ever see them. Maybe once some times twice a year. 

She said "I miss you "name". I hope you're having a good time. I love you "name". Bye." 

This message came out of absolutely nowhere and i just burst into tears when i watched and listened to it. Is this the worlds fate way of showing me love? I have been feeling so overwhelmed and lonely and undeserving of anything. Smiley Sad 

Aww @mspaceK  that sounds like a very well timed message. Even though at times it easy to feel undeserving, it's nice to be reminded of how our loved ones see us. It makes me happy you were shown some love by your cousins child Heart 

I hope you're able to eat a little something today, don't be too hard on yourself if not though.