cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sadness over relationship with my parents

It's been a really rough day. 

I just spent an hour playing music on one of my instruments. I'm not very good but I like closing my eyes and listening to the sounds. I think I'm going to have a shower and get in pyjamas for bed. Maybe an early nights sleep will help. I don't know. 

Hey @mspaceK,

That's so great that you play multiple instruments. What instruments do you play? Playing an instrument can be such a mindful activity, can't it? When you're learning a new piece you really concentrate on what you're doing and it can feel great to focus. I used to play violin for many years, but I don't play anymore. I like to sing though, it really boosts my mood, so I just belt it in the car or shower! How has your day been today? 

Not great Smiley Sad @MisoBear I got admitted to ED. I feel tired and have a headache and I don't really know what's happenning.  

I feel like this is the worst night of my life. I'm about to get discharged from the hospital and taken home. And some people are coming out to see me tomorrow to link me in with some supports. I feel like I am totally off the rails. I hate everything going on right now. Smiley Sad I don't know how I am going to get past all of this. 

I'm so sorry you're in hospital @mspaceK. Smiley Sad What happened in the hospital?

I really hope that the people who visit you tomorrow can help. Heart Who knows, the supports might turn out to be really helpful. Things might get better for you.

Are you safe right now?

@mspaceK that sounds awful....

It's good that you're going to get some more support though.

Do you think that there's any self care you can do when you get home until you get to sleep?

Highlighted

Hi @WheresMySquishy . It's just been a really long afternoon in the hospital. I've been resting but I've had several anxiety attacks with racing heart and feeling overwhelmed. And feeling very upset and numb over everything. I'm safe in the hospital. I will be safe tonight. Feeling very tired and emotionally drained. 

I've been thinking maybe putting my favourite movie on in the background @Tiny_leaf . Or letting songs play on my computer throughout the night. 

I'm trying not to blame myself and be hard on myself for everything that is happening. It feels very much like my fault though.  

I'm thinking maybe I'll talk to someone on kidshelpline maybe @Tiny_leaf @WheresMySquishy  if I can't fall asleep. 

@mspaceK I'm really glad you're safe.

What movie are you thinking of?