cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sadness over relationship with my parents

@mspaceK *hugs* Heart

Feeling like these negative feelings can't be escaped is so draining isn't it? I've been there too, and I can understand how overwhelming things must be right now. I just wanted to point out that you have an incredible determination. I'm really glad that you have plans for the next few days to spend time with other people. If nothing else, I've found that giving myself plans can give me a little bit of structure.

As hard as things are right now, I hope you can start to see the strong, determined young person that I can. We'll always be here to remind you, and be with you during both the good times and the hard times. Take care, we're thinking of you. Heart

Thanks @mrmusic . I appreciate it.

Despite all of that I feel like absolute shit right now. :/ 

Highlighted

Hey @mspaceK, it sounds like things are tough. What do you think will get you through this moment? I noticed you mentioned medication earlier, do you already take medication? How are you feeling about this? It can be a difficult decision for some people. Taking things one step at a time is lovely advice Heart It is important when things can feel so overwhelming.

Hi @Taylor-RO . I'm watching a movie at the moment to try and distract myself and I've been doing some writing too and playing a game on my computer. 

I'm speaking to someone on Sunday about new supports and i'm getting linked in with someone to talk to about medication I think. I hope if I do get prescribed medication that it helps. I don't know if it will be a daily thing or whether it'll just be something I take when I get super anxious. It's all very overwhelming. 

I've been using the helplines a lot too. I feel like I always need to talk to someone atm. 

@mspaceK I hope it helps as well..

I personally find it good, but it took some time and adjusting to figure out what worked best for me. 

I hope you're going alright considering everything that's been happening. It can be kinda startling to go from only a few supports to having heaps suddenly handed to you...

Thanks @Tiny_leaf . I hope things start to get better now. Things have been so full on lately. 

What are you doing today?

I just woke up from a massive sleep in. 

I'm wishing you all the best for your supports meeting on Sunday, hopefully they can work with you to find what's going to be helpful
Talking to someone can help when we feel really overwhelmed - I'm glad you've found them useful Smiley Happy

Hi @mspaceK,

I'm hoping things will start to get better for you soon. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel, I promise. Glad you got to have a sleep in! 

That does sound very overwhelming @mspaceK. I hope the supports end up being helpful. If you do get prescribed medication, it's helpful to know that it can sometimes take a while for it to work and you might experience some side effects or increased symptoms, especially when you first start taking it. I personally haven't been on medication for my mental health but it seems to have helped my sister.

I think taking things one day at a time can be a good strategy.

I'm glad that the helplines have helped you! Well done for calling them! Smiley Happy

Thanks @WheresMySquishy @MisoBear @reach804 . 

I start back at work tomorrow for the next 4 days. Maybe that will help take my mind off things.