cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Sadness over relationship with my parents

At the moment I don't feel like doing anything @WheresMySquishy . I'm just going to have a shower and then try to sleep. I have another upset stomach right now which really sucks. I ate a lot today and now my body hates me. I feel really down Smiley Sad 

Having an upset stomach is the worst @mspaceK. Smiley Sad I had one yesterday too.

I hope you get plenty of fluids and rest. It's probably better if you stay at home tomorrow. Heart
Have you got anyone with you?

I just had my shower and I'm finally in bed @WheresMySquishy . I have to go to work tomorrow so I can't stay home unless it gets really bad. 

My house mate is home but I'm in my room. I hurt myself again tonight Smiley Sad 

That's too bad that you have to go to work when you're sick @mspaceK. I'm sure they'll be understanding if you tell them that you're unwell. I hope you don't get any worse. Heart

I'm sorry that you hurt yourself. Smiley Sad Are you safe right now?

Hey @mspaceK

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been having such an incredibly rough couple of weeks, and I am quite concerned to hear that you have self harmed. Your safety is always, always our highest priority. 

Because I will be logging off soon, and the forums will be un-monitored until tomorrow morning, I really want to implore you to turn to some of your other supports. If you can I think it would be a good idea to ask your sister for some help. Sometimes the best thing we can do in times like this is being around someone, and just having their physical presence to comfort us. I also really recommend you to contact some of your professional supports if you can. Kids Helpline and eheadspace are both 24 hour services, and really are experts in supporting people during times of crisis. If you, at any point, feel like you are in an emergency situation or in danger, please contact triple 0 immediately, and they well help you as soon as possible. 

Stay safe tonight, sending all my care Heart

@Andrea-RO @WheresMySquishy I did use one of the helplines. I'm going to try and sleep now. Goodnight. 

I'm glad you used a helpline @mspaceK! I hope you found it helpful. Smiley Happy

Goodnight! I hope you feel better soon. Heart

Hey @mspaceK  

Hope you were able to go to work free of stomach pain! Just catching up on posts and it sounds like the past couple of nights have been especially difficult. Like @Andrea-RO I am also concerned that you have been self-harming. It's really commendable that you have the bravery to share what is happening for you. 

I feel it's also worth raising the importance of sharing safely when discussing self harm on the forums. While this is a safe space to discuss what is happening in our lives it's also important that we ask ourselves before sharing the information.  

• Is now the right time to share that I've self harmed? (things to consider - are there staff moderating the forums at that time? do you need to seek medical attention?) 
  • What support do I need, if I share that I've self harmed? (can you communicate that with the community?) 
  • Am I sharing this information in a way that is safe for the wider community to read? (including trigger warnings, confirming safety, using non-descriptive language etc) 

It's good that you used a helpline last night as they are able to provide immediate support in those times of crisis. We are of course, here for you as well Heart 

Today is another shit day made even worse because my boyfriend barely spoke to me when we went out to dinner and everything just feels off. I hate myself for having all these problems. I'm probably just pushing him away Smiley Sad I'm not my happy self and he just seems annoyed to be around me. 

I'm not okay in case anyone was wondering. Oh wait - no one cares. 

Hey @mspaceK 

It's unfortunate that today is another bad day for you. Am I right to believe you recently started psychiatric medication? If so, I believe (FYI not medically trained) that they can make you feel worse before feeling better... so hang in there!!! HeartHeartHeart

It's completely okay and natural to have ups and downs with your partner. All in all you two seem to have a really strong relationship and that's what's most important. I had a similar situation with my boyfriend last week, where I found myself over-thinking things and getting upset easily, and it's mostly because I'm stressed at the moment. Given what you're going through, I'm sure your boyfriend is more than understanding. On a lighter note - what did you get for dinner? 

Also, the drawing of my friend's pet is coming along. I've decided I'll share it with you once it's finished though because it's almost there. Heart

You mentioned you're not okay and I'm not sure what you mean by it exactly. Are you safe at the moment? We care Heart