cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Sadness over relationship with my parents

@Maddy-RO I haven't started medication yet. I'm still on a waiting list to see a psychologist/psychiatrist. I'm not okay emotionally - I'm angry and irritated. I'm safe though. Just been drawing and watching tv. I got a veggie burger and chips for dinner. I drew this and coloured it just now. 

1568202385588324178268.jpg

@Maddy-RO I did another one. They're not drawn from my mind. I've been looking at images. 

15682034709581882259191.jpg

@Maddy-RO And probably my last one for tonight. 

15682056638502124270012.jpg

You're very talented!! You drew them so quickly. I need to reference pictures as well. I find it impossible to draw things off by heart, unless I've practiced it before. I think that's the case for most people though... 

What are your thoughts on using the grid method to draw realistic images? I use it when trying to draw realistic faces. I completed a short art course recently and I found the teacher's perspective on the grid method interesting. (If i remember correctly) she said that our brains can incorrectly simplify/symbolise images, and that using the grid method helps us to see things as they actually are. For example we might assume eyes to be almond shaped and of equal size, so we draw them that way, when in fact one eye might be slightly smaller and more round than the other. She was all for using the grid-method, because she saw it as a tool to stop our brains from automatically simplying/symbolising images in this way, and in turn, leading to more accurate drawings. I thought her perspective was interesting as some people see using the grid method as cheating. 

And oh okay I see regarding medication. I know you're going through a hard time at the moment. I can see that in your posts. However, it's really good that you're seeing a psychiatrist soon. You're taking all the right steps. Hang in there. We are here for you.

Also, I've noticed that you feel upset at yourself for struggling at the moment, as though you may be a burden to the people around you (e.g., how you previously said your boyfriend is probably annoyed at you because you're not your happy self). So I just thought I'd let you know that I really enjoy talking to you about drawing Heart. I just wanted to tell you this because it can be easy to fall into that trap of negative self-talk, and to tell ourselves mean things that are untrue. In other words, I don't believe you're as "annoying" to others as you think you are, and I know that I only know you online, but I think you're really great. So cut yourself some slack - be kind to yourself tonight Heart. We love having you on the forums and even if you don't believe it right now, we do care about you and your safety. 

@Maddy-RO I recently followed a guide on how to draw a realistic face using circles and lines as marking points. When I copied the face free hand I kept getting the proportions off. When I used the grid type lines the face looked so much better. So - I haven't officially used the grid method but I just read through your link and I think it will help me to draw some other images I've been wanting to do. I am getting confused about the math proportions for enlarging though. 

I find the cartoon type animations easier to draw because the faces and fairly simple. I really struggle with body parts like hands and feet though. 

I am looking forward to seeing your art piece. 

Hmm - I know people care about me. I'm really struggling in myself though. I have my support check ins tomorrow though and some sport that I like to play. Maybe that will help. 

Hi @mspaceK,

How are you going today? It is R U OK day today and I was thinking about you- R U OK today? Heart

Check out our community activities calendar for September 2019 here

I had a good day @Jess1-RO thanks for asking. 

Hey @Jess1-RO . I just thought I'd follow up a bit more. I was super tired and with my boyfriend last night so I didn't really get a chance to come online. 

Yesterday morning I woke up feeling terrible and I was sick in the bathroom a bit with bad tummy pains. Shortly after I had one of my case workers check in with me and after that I got this random motivation and energy and I was in a good mood for the rest of the day. I'm not sure what caused me to feel good because it really feels like a switch has been flicked in my head. That's the only way I can describe it. I don't need to think about it too much. I can just be happy that I felt that way. 

And today I'm not feeling really low and I'm not feeling really happy either. I'm sort of inbetween. I don't have work today and I'm going to chill with my boyfriend going to the shops and maybe see a movie at the cinema. Hopefully things can improve. I'm still really anxious about getting triggered but for now I'm just going to take it step by step. 

Hey @mspaceK, I'm glad that switch flipped for you and you're starting to feel a bit better. Sounds like you've got a really nice day planned and you're going to do some nice self-care activities. I think you're doing all the right things, keep on going Smiley Happy 

Thanks @MisoBear . I'm not really feeling happy right now Smiley Sad Things don't feel right between me and my boyfriend and I feel like it's all my fault. Like I can't just be normal and happy and positive. I have all this crap weighing me down. Mental issues and physical issues and family issues. I feel worthless Smiley Sad I'm trying to get better but it still feels like I'm pushing him away. He is still trying to support me but he won't look at the information sites to read up on how to support me. I don't know..maybe it's too much for him? Smiley Sad