cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sadness over relationship with my parents

@mspaceK that sounds cool!

I've got an appointment I've got to go to sorry.. I'll be back when I can though. 

Hi @mspaceK,

How are you going today? How was the show you were watching yesterday?

I really admire how well you know yourself and when to use self care and distraction strategies Heart If you ever want to add some of the strategies to the coping and distractions thread, I would really encourage you to add them Smiley Happy It could also really help other members looking for some activities they can do during tough times Heart

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

Here's the link to the distractions and coping thread Heart

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here
Highlighted

The show was good yesterday @Jess1-RO . My boyfriend came over and we played a video game all night together taking turns. It was nice. 

I'm not sure how I feel right now. I've felt a bit physically sick for most of the day and I have anxiety in my chest and today hasn't been fun with going to the hospital for tests and my other appointment today - but I'm going to dinner with some friends and seeing my boyfriend again tonight so hopefully that will help. 

Hey @mspaceK 

It's good to hear that you and your boyfriend got to spend some quality time together! Did you have a nice time out to dinner with your friends? 

Hope you're feeling less anxious todayHeart 

I haven't really been posting much recently because I felt like I couldn't keep my posts safe and within the community guidelines and I didn't want to distress others. But I have had a shitty week and I tried to do serious harm to myself and now I am an inpatient in a psych ward at the hospital. I feel like a disgrace and a failure. I broke the law and did things I shouldn't have. Thankfully I'm eating again and not feeling nauseas and sick but my anxiety has been coming and going. The doctors and nurses tell me that I'm in a safe place and did the right thing seeking help. Others had to make responsible decisions for me because I didn't care what happenned to me. I'm not really sure what is going to happen over the next couple days. I guess I'm just lucky that I'm still here. 

Smiley Sad

@Bre-RO @Jess1-RO @Maddy-RO @Tiny_leaf @WheresMySquishy @Pasta 

@mspaceK sounds like a lot has happened in the past week for you. I don't think you should be so harsh towards yourself, sounds like you didn't have much control over the irrational thoughts, actions or behaviour. I also feel like you do care what happens, you're still here. Stay strong and keep pursuing, you have clearly gotten yourself the help that you want or need, keep reaching out. There will always be people that care for you and that are willing to help, I know you can get through this. Stay strong Smiley Happy

@mspaceK we're lucky that you're still here too. You're really valued here.

I'm sorry that this week was so shit...

You're not a failure. You're alive, despite everything that you've been through and everything that you've struggled with. I think that's pretty amazing.

Over the next few days, chances are you'll get seen by a few doctors, psychologists and psychiatrists, so that they can develop a treatment plan for you.

In the meantime, I'd suggest getting to know some of the nurses and possibly the other patients, because they can make things a lot easier.

If you want, you can also contact a mental health advocacy service, either by yourself or by asking the staff to contact them for you.

@Maddy-RO emailed me a fairly good list for my own hospital stay, so if that's something you'd like to look into you could probably ask her or one of the other '-ROs if they can help.

Thank you both @Tiny_leaf @Pasta . I'm feeling pretty lonely and lost. I have round the clock nurses checking in with me. It's full on. And I have to do a wellness plan and stuff. 

@mspaceK yeah, that can be really overwhelming..

The hardest thing for me to deal with at first was nurses shining a torch through my door at like 1am to check that I was alright..

Does your hospital have a comfort/ sensory/ quiet room?

Places like that can help give you a bit of a break from everything.

Some of the fancier ones in the eastern states have gardens, which could also help.