cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Same things

Smiley Very Happy some tips from an article I read a while ago - @FootyFan26

• Keeping a Journal: When you can write about yourself, your experiences, and your feelings on a daily basis, you “get them out” rather than allowing them to fester deep within you. Putting this stuff down on paper lets you identify it, truly see it, and perhaps develop strategies for dealing with it. You would be amazed at how just writing things down can give you all sorts of ideas for creative and unique solutions that you may have never imagined!
  • Writing a Short Story, a Novel or a Poem: When you can place your emotional difficulties into a piece of writing, there is a great sense of “letting go” that can help you “right” yourself in your world again. I once knew a highly successful career woman who took a new position, in her career field, but one that would be highly challenging. She looked forward to it! About 8 months into this job, she was a wreck! The demands were too great; there were problems to solve without the resources to solve them; no matter how many hours she spent every day and on weekends, she could not meet the unrealistic demands of her superiors. The result was panic attacks that completely immobilized her and that actually put her in danger (think panic attack while you are driving!). Her first stop was to her doctor who prescribed a very mild anti-anxiety drug. It didn’t help. She began to fear for her sanity, and in that fear did the only possible thing that might help. She quit her job, went on temporary disability, and stayed at home to “heal.” That did not work either. Finally, she realized that she had to get the “issues” out, so she sat down to write a novel – a murder mystery actually, the setting for which was her old career position. In the writing, however, she was able to release all of the anxiety and the frustrations that had caused her “illness,” and two things happened. She found new employment in a realistic environment, and she actually got her novel published! Mental health restored, and career saved!
  • Writing Progress Notes for Mental Health “Recovery:” As one is going through the process of restoring the 4 qualities and beliefs listed above, it is critically important to commit the steps to concrete memorable form. This means keeping a notebook of sorts that will document the successes, no matter how small. As time goes on, it is really a huge “pump up” to go back and look at where you were in the beginning and to see how far you have come since then. Reflecting on the progress made, moreover, is a strong motivator to continue on your path to full mental health!

Thanks @Bree-RO Smiley Happy.  

Now I’m on a tram and really wanna be by myself now.

Hey @FootyFan26 what's happening on the tram? 

@Bree-ROI was with my little bro and had a shit day.  I really just wanted to be by myself and he wouldn't really leave my side.  I just couldn't cope and couldn't really hide it much longer which I didn't want anyone to see.

That sounds like a heavy day - can be hard with the younger siblings huh? @FootyFan26 how are you feeling right now?

@Bree-RO He doesn't understand and can be pretty rude about it sometimes. He told me on the way home that I seemed 'angry' Smiley Tongue. Right now I feel pretty shit tbh. Just kinda down and I still kinda want to be by myself which I am atm but I also know that it's not always a good thing.

Oh I hear you, how old is he? Lil' siblings Smiley Tongue such a joy. @FootyFan26 Anything in particular going through your mind you want to chat about?

He's 13 @Bree-RO, at that really annoying age. I haven't really been thinking about much, it's just coping with this feeling is fucking hard, especially at school wherre you can't get alone time.

I can imagine alone time is relief. What does the feeling kind of feel like? Is it a chest feeling/head feeling etc? @FootyFan26

Haha wow! I have a brother the same age. Their filter's are a bit clogged at times Smiley Indifferent