cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Scared of leaving the house when sister is home

Hey @Jardin, I'm sorry that you have such uncomfortable feelings, and I think what you feel is completely understandable because your mom had lied to you in the past and she also considers it is not a big deal, which makes you feel insecure. It's actually really annoying when parents do not respect children's feelings and thoughts. I'm wondering whether you have a locker at school? If you really feel uncomfortable with that, you can put your stuff in the locker.

Hi @Andrea-RO 

No, I haven't spoken to a professional about it. Honestly, I think I would feel too embarrassed to talk to someone face-to-face. It just feels like my feelings are so ridiculous. 

Not only that, but the GPs I go to are pretty bad. Often you are waiting for your appointment for over an hour, and then when you finally get in the appointment has a time limit of 15 mins, so you run out of time to get a referral (and then are asked to come in another time).

Hey @Macaria 

I'm actually in uni at the moment, so I don't have a locker Smiley Sad 

And yeah, it's hard when my mum wants to pretend that everything is normal when it's not. But to be honest, I can't blame her - I have three sisters and I understand it can be hard when we all throw our problems at her.

@Jardin, that's really nice of you as you are thinking from your mom's perspective Smiley Very Happy. And that's pretty annoying once you don't feel safe about your stuff at home. Have you thought about buying a small suitcase or any container with a lock and put your important stuff there? Would it be helpful with your anxieties?

@Macaria I think both the ideas are really great ones Heart I shall try and give them a go

Hey @Jardin , I really like @Macaria 's idea of a locked box too, and I hope that it helps you feel more comfortable. I'm really sorry that your sister's making you feel unsafe in your own home though, that's a really crappy feeling, especially when home is a space where you deserve to feel safe.  If  you do decide that you'd like to chat to a professional but aren't comfortable doing that face to face, there are a few free options for online or phone counselling - eHeadspace and Kids Helpline both offer online counselling/ webchat, and I've heard good things about both services Smiley Happy 

Check out our community activities calendar here

Hi @Jardin

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going for you at the moment? Heart

Hi @GioDes

Things are going alright - my sister is away at the moment (though she might come back this weekend). I have found something to lock away my things in, which should make me feel better when she's here.

I got my car serviced today - finally the aircon is working again!Smiley Very Happy Just in time for summer Heart

Thank you @Janine-RO for telling me about these services Heart It makes me feel much better knowing there are other ways to get help besides face-to-face counselling. 

Hi @Jardin

That sounds really positive, how are things at the moment?

And ah awesome, there is nothing better than cruising in summer to music with the windows down! Heart