cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Scared

@DruidChild yep that does sound like uni lol it has this very pressured feeling like you are constantly in an exam. still i am sure you will make a good nurse i considered nursing but then i just couldn't after actually being in a hospital. anniversaries are always super hard idk why objectively they are just another day but like our brains just seem to attach things to everything. still make sure you do a lot of self care before and to give your self the best chance of getting through it. i have been having trouble staying organized so i have been making a whole heap of charts and timetables and pinning them up on a board so that whenever i am studying i can look at them I have one for assessments and one for my class list and one with class times and study times and all sorts of stuff. still find what works for you and use it for everything. i hope things get a little less difficult soon. 

Thanks @Eden1717, those sound like really great strategies. It’s awesome that you’ve been working so hard at staying on top of your uni work! Smiley Happy I appreciate the advice. I’m so tired though. I kind of just want to give up Smiley Sad 

@DruidChild thats understandable maybe you need to take a day or two off and just rest and get some energy back. either way being tired is not helpful and it sucks. i am sorry things are so hard. do you have any kind of learning support plan?  

@DruidChild sounds like uni is quite intense at the moment, both content wise and pressure from tutors.
@Eden1717 has mentioned some great strategies for study, do you have any that work for you? Smiley Happy

I hear you on being tired. It can be exhausting to always feel tired. I wonder if the tired is related to your mental health or if there could be a physical issue? Maybe seeing a GP would be helpful?

You mentioned wanting to give up, are you safe tonight?
Please reqch out for extra help if you need Heart x

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Thank you @Eden1717 Heart I find that even resting doesn’t help, the tiredness just adds up even over the weekend and stuff. It’s partly my brain that’s wearing me out I think. I am lucky that I have an amazing disability unit and an academic integration plan so that’s there if I need an extension or to skip a class Smiley Happy 

@Bee I have a pretty good plan for what work to do each day and I am reasonably good at getting stuff done, it’s just that there’s so much stuff!! I know I could talk to the tutor that’s stressing me out the most because he’s actually pretty nice but he’s already seen me break down and cry once in class and I really don’t want any pity or to be the crazy student again Smiley Sad 

I think it’s mental health but I haven’t seen my gp for a bit so it can’t hurt to book an appointment - thanks for the much needed reminder! Smiley Happy 

I’m safe for tonight. I have therapy group tomorrow so I might talk to one of the group leaders there since my thoughts and urges are getting worse again. Thank you Heart

@DruidChild that's great you have a good plan and are good at getting stuff done - go you! Smiley Very Happy
I think it's understandable that you feel hesitant to talk to that tutor again but remember that they are there to help you.
Absolutely, I see my GP on a semi-regular basis as part of my mental health treatment plan, so it's usually easy for me to bring something up and get it investigated if need be.

Glad to hear you're safe tonight Heart
I'm sorry to hear the thoughts and urges are getting worse, but I'm glad to hear that you're thinking of reaching out to one of the therapy group leaders tomorrow Heart

Thanks for the support @Bee and @Eden1717 HeartHeartHeart

You're very welcome! @DruidChild Heart

I cried in my therapy group today Smiley Sad It feels like everywhere I go I’m the crazy, attention seeking girl who can’t hold it together. And then I go home and pull myself together and try to make everything okay for everybody else. And it’s not. And it never stops.

(Hey @scared01 you said it was okay to tag you here. No worries if you’re not around or don’t feel up to talking though! Heart )

hey @DruidChild
i had to log off cause we were having a big storm. seems ike its passed now.

hugs, i can emphasize with you on the person who seems crazy but then goes and makes sure everyone else is ok. can i ask what was happening in group therapy that made you emotional?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**