cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick of not sleeping

It seems no matter what I do I don't sleep. I'm over it. I just want to have a few hours at least. 

When I was discharged from hospital on Monday they gave me a few days worth of sleeping tablets. But nope I'm still not sleeping. I'm so frustrated with myself. 

It's not even thoughts or anxiety keeping me up, my body just refuses to shut down. 

Arg.

===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Re: Sick of not sleeping

Hey redhead, it sucks to not be able to sleep, I know the feeling. Is there anything that you can do that usually helps a little in combo with the tablets? Like some meditation apps and being in a very dark room taking deep breaths?

hey @redhead, sounds super tough not being able to sleep. Take care of yourself, are there any self-care activities that could help?

In regards to the sleeping tables, have your tried talking to a GP/health professionals that the sleeping tables aren't working for you?

@Helen-RO meditation has never worked for me.
@honky I've tried every self care stuff I can think of. I just don't sleep. And I am only on the sleeping tablets a few days, and my regular melatonin doesn't work. I have told my psychiatrist that, but he said there's nothing they can really do.
I'm seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow I'll bring up the sleep issues again
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

ah sounds very frustrating @redhead. Are you taking anything to maintain your melatonin levels?

Let us know how it goesSmiley Happy

I'm on melatonin tablets, but they don't work.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@redhead This sounds super frustrating that you're not sleeping, and that the tablets aren't helping! Smiley Sad
I'm glad to hear that you are going to bring it up with your psychiatrist though. Good luck, I hope they can figure something out!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hope you find something that helps @redhead!

Yay I actually slept last night.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Yay that's awesome to hear @redhead! How are you going today?