cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sinking again

did you want to talk about it @DruidChild ?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hey @DruidChild, sorry today isn’t such a good day. We’re here to listen if you want to talk. ❤️

Thanks guys. I still just...don't know what to say. The world feels like too much rn. I feel like I can't cope. I forgot how hard it is to be around other people. I forgot how much worse things can get. I keep hurting myself either through ED things or other things because it hurts so much in my head and I just need it to stop somehow. I hate everything about myself. I don't know how to explain how sick I am of living. 

Hey @DruidChild, it is okay to not know what to say. I am just going to flick you an email Heart speak soon.

hey @DruidChild
its ok to not have words, are you able to see one of your offline supports soon so they can help as well..
have you got some strategies in place to help with sh things?

hey @DruidChild
i hope todays a better day for you
ill be around a little bit today and tonight if you need to talk Heart

Thanks so much @scared01 Heart I just don't know what kind of help to ask for here anymore, there doesn't seem much point just complaining about how awful and sad I feel all the time. 

In terms of offline supports, I saw my counsellor last Monday and am seeing her again this Monday. 

I don't really have many sh strategies right now; sh tends to be how I stop myself doing worse things so idk how to stop without doing something worse. It's like all the misery needs to go somewhere. 

I'm supposed to be starting an essay today and studying another module for one of my subjects but so far I've done nothing. Idk how to be more productive or to actually force myself to do something. Plus I've been having so much back pain and I have a headache which makes it harder to concentrate. I don't want to do anything, I just want to curl up and sleep until the end of time. 

@DruidChild sometimes feeling upset and aweful can overwhelming and frustrating hey?
Itend to go through times where all I feel is the depression and anxiety and other times I feel like I'm okay and I'm coping well. And I think that is part of living with mental illness but also normal human emotions - we're not going to be happy and excited 100% of the time. We need all the emotions in order to help make the positive ones feel positive - does that make sense?

I'm glad to hear you're connected with a counsellor, how do you find them?

In terms of self-harm strategies, have you looked through the 10001 coping strategies thread we have? You might get some ideas from there?

Join us from Monday 14th in our SLOW-MO GR about New Year Goals & Resolutions
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

hey @DruidChild
its ok, it can be so hard to ask for help. i can understand how youd be feeling.
is it worth trying to find a psychiatrist and a gp to add to your supports at all?

the reason you meantioned why you sh is really similar to why i do it sometimes. its pretty much to stop me from doing worse or to have abit of control.
Do you find journalling helpful at all?

pain isnt helpful, i agree. can you take some pain relief and have a hot bath maybe to help ease the pain?

@DruidChildmaybe one of these will help

this thread   

or this one

or this article

or this article

or this one

this one might help with coping.. or this one