cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sinking again

Thanks @Bee Smiley Happy I haven't talked to you in a while, how are you doing atm? That totally makes sense, and I do agree. It's like, if it was day all the time and never night then we wouldn't even think of it as day anymore, right? I think the idea that I'll always have periods of relapse and remission is something I'm struggling with a lot right now. I want the pain to end, full stop, not come and go and I deal with it differently. 

My counsellor is great, I've seen her for almost two years now so we have a really good rapport. I haven't looked at the thread recently, I'll check it out, thanks for the suggestion! 

Thank you @scared01. My gp should be back in the next couple weeks, unfortunately I can't afford to see a psych right now. I found out today that I might be getting some new supports soon actually, I started a thread here

Yep, control for sure. I'm sorry you go through the same thing. Journalling hasn't been helpful lately because I struggle not to let it devolve into anxiety and just lists of reasons why life isn't worth living. Music and grounding exercises have both been super helpful lately so I've been using those a lot. Thank you for all the links!!! I'll take a look, I appreciate it. 

Thanks for the suggestions! I took some pain relief and it helped for a while. might be able to take more soon. 

Ah the music article @scared01 you know me well Smiley Happy 

thats good news @DruidChild im glad you might have some new supports, ill have a look a the thread here too.
im much the same with journalling to, i find i sprial more than find it helpful. have you tried just listing it in dot points? it kinda made me stop and think and pause rather than jsut spilling everywhere.
Ahh music is awesome! maybe once your pain subsides you could put some music on while you study? i found that when i was studying i would actually get through more and want to do more while i was listening to music..
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@DruidChild I know it has been a little while! I've been managing things fairly okay recently, I'm finding that I'm internalising things or journalling when I need to get it out. I've had a few hard but positive sessions with my psychologist; so I'm seeing some small slow progress ☺ which I like.

Thats do true, there needs to be differences in day and night like our mood etc. And I think it is reasonable to struggle with the idea of relapse and remission a bit, I know I worry sometimes that I'll relapse but then at the same time I know I have supports inplace and wouldn't say I've reached remission yet .
I can understand wanting the pain to stop, aNd I think that is a natural thought.

Thats great you have a good relationship with your counsellor! I'm very similar with my psychologist. It'd be 2 years I've been seeing my psych now too! 🙂

Join us from Monday 14th in our SLOW-MO GR about New Year Goals & Resolutions
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Dot points is a good idea @scared01, I hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a try tonight Smiley Happy 

Music is so good! I've been listening to music all day, it's kind of the one thing that makes me feel okay right now. Do you have a favourite band or singer? 

@Bee I'm so glad to hear that things have been improving for you, even slowly. You're making such an amazing effort and putting so much work into your recovery and it's really inspiring to watch! 

music helps me too @DruidChild

hmm i like nickelback, evanescence umm a few others but its mostly just a song here and there

Ooh I love evanescence @scared01 Smiley Happy I've never heard nickelback, I'll have to check them out.

they have some really good songs @DruidChild

which artists do you like?

Ah so many @scared01! Atm I'm really into My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Black Veil Brides, The Mountain Goats, Daughter, Flatsound, and Marina and the Diamonds. 

oh i like my chemical romance, and fall out boy. i havent heard of the others though @DruidChild