cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sisters

@Jay-Dee wrote:
so glad to hear your week has turned around and that you're able to use mindfulness to help out with the anxiety attacks - must feel good to be able to take back control, even just a little.

Smiley Happy  Thanks JD!  It's all so much better now.  I mean I know it's there in the background, but I don't think it will bother me so much this week.  We will see.

A 'me' day sounds really nice at the moment. Uni is stressing me out now as well. Hope your Physics thing today went well.

@fosterthepeople wrote:

A 'me' day sounds really nice at the moment. Uni is stressing me out now as well. Hope your Physics thing today went well.

Smiley Happy  Do it, you will feel much better off for it.  But don't have thoughts of...oh I 'should be' doing something else.  It will ruin it!!

Why thank you fosterthepeople, my exam went okay.  I passed it, but don't know how well!!  Half the questions I was tossing up between two answers, so it depends how many I got right. 

I really don't like those kinds of questions in exams. They make me feel really uneasy and unsure of myself. If only examples were as straight forward.

I'm not sure what a 'me' day for me would be like. I think I should write up a list of things I might like to do, like explore the city or go op-shopping or something. Maybe try a delicious eatery.

@fosterthepeople wrote:

I really don't like those kinds of questions in exams. They make me feel really uneasy and unsure of myself. If only examples were as straight forward.

I'm not sure what a 'me' day for me would be like. I think I should write up a list of things I might like to do, like explore the city or go op-shopping or something. Maybe try a delicious eatery.

I'm exactly the same way.  Althuogh unfortunately that's pretty much how my whole degree is graded.

You should definitely do all of those things.  It's about doing it, because you can and nurturing yourself.

And in regards to my sister.  My psych helped me realise a lot of things about myself today that I never really noticed.  It's a power thing for me.  Anyone who tells me what to do, or tries to dominate over me (like my sister, lecturers etc) it affects me on a truly, truly deep level because of all the conditioning my mind has been doing over the years to cope with the situations.  Which is in fact not coping.  I have a few things I need to work on...she said it took 4 years for her to completely master them!!  But the thing is...reconditioning your mind takes time. 

Hmmm...anyway, at least I have a better understanding of where it's coming from.  It's all a bit complex!!