cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep

Sleep is super important to our wellbeing. It gives us the energy to get through the day. I know that without sleep, for me, I'm pretty grumpy and physically tired.
I thought we could have a chat about sleep and share our tips and what we can do to get better shut eye.

IMG_3643.JPG

Our first question is:

How much sleep do you get per night? Do you think this is enough?

PS. Share memes and gifs

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Re: Sleep

Yay special discussion time!

I actually have the opposite problem where I sleep *too* much. When my depression is being managed pretty well it's usually about 9 hours, but I can easily be in bed for 12+ hours a night

pooh

I have to get up at around 6/6:30 for work each day, so I try to get 8, lately I haven't been following my routine and going to sleep later than I should be and only getting around 7, which isn't enough for me.

It varies wildly. I can sleep for up to twelve hours on weekends or days when I don't have to wake up, and for as little as five on weekdays. It one hundred percent depends on what I do at night i.e watching YouTube in bed is not a good idea.

It's interesting how sleep affects our mental health but then our mental health affects our sleep @lokifish hmm

I get between 8 hours and 10 hours of sleep a night. And I think it is plenty, but I am forever tired, unfortunately Smiley Sad

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Sleep?? What's that?! I have really bad insomnia. I can fall asleep but I don't stay asleep. I get about 3-4 disturbed sleep. At my worst it's 2 hours disturbed sleep. I have hashimotos too which makes me fatigued on top of my sleeplessness!! I'd kill for a good nights sleep. 😴😴😴

I'm the same @lokifish - when I'm not feeling great I tend to sleep too much, rather than not enough...

On average, I make sure to get 8 or 9 hours a night because if I don't, I become even more sensitive than usually, and consequently very grumpy/irritable.

Hello @Kakawakino and welcome to RO! Sleep difficulties like those must be really frustrating. I know you've probably tried lots of different things to help you, but just in case, have you considered maybe listening to some guided meditation to help you get back to sleep in the middle of the night?

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Do you follow a routine at night time that helps you wind down and get better sleep?

Yep, have done meditation & have a nighty routine. Unfortunately it's just something that happens with some hashimoto sufferers. I'm used to it. It got better after I went and saw a kinesiologist, before that I was only getting 2 hours sleep. I'm taking a natural sleep aid this last week and I'm sleeping a little bit longer.