cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sleep

Do you follow a routine at night time that helps you wind down and get better sleep?

Not really. I think I'm going to work on getting into a sleep routine during the next few weeks.

How much sleep do you get per night? Do you think this is enough?

I usually get around 6-7 hours a night. I can feel the difference when I get more than that where I'm way less grumpy and more energised. So the goal is definitely ~8 hours for me!

@Kakawakino I totally know how you feel! I have bouts of insomnia and really unrestful sleep; especially if I'm stressed out or really anxious about something. I find that having a warm shower before bed relaxes me a little bit before bed!  How did you find going to a kinesiologist? I'm glad the sleeping aids have been working well for you Smiley Happy

I was a bit skeptical at first but the experience was pretty amazing. I initially went for my thyroid but ended up working on other things too. Since I've been (about 6 months ago) my thyroid levels have been normal without changing anything else. My moods and anxiety have improved too. I would definitely recommend it but to be open minded about it.
Camomile tea is good before bed too. I always forget to make it though!!

That is really great! I have a close friend with hashimoto's. I think I'll suggest she check out kinesiology! 

Chamomile tea is so good! I always forget to make it too (or to restock it!). This just reminded me to pick up some more Smiley Very Happy

I'm the same. When I am feeling down, all I want to do is sleep.

I also just generally need a lot of sleep. 9 hours is good for me but I often have naps too!

I don't think there's anything wrong with sleeping a lot, but for me there's definitely a difference between want and need. I will want to sleep to escape but I also will sleep because my body needs it.

Good point @Meowkins - there can definitely be a big difference between want and need.

I know that I need at least 8 hours of sleep a night. Ideally 9, and without them I'm more sensitive, less focused and likely to be more snappy/irritable than usual... 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Yes If you want fresh mind then 8hours sleep is necessary otherwise you can't focus on your work as you can.