cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Still Stuck

I don't give him the satisfaction of seeing me upset @ElleBelle. I've been thinking about KHL but doing it scares the shit out of me. I know it's worth a try but when I can barely type the numbers listening until someone answers is gonna feel like years.

I'm a bit better but I can't keep my mind off it. It just goes to it even when I do something that takes my full focus. It still seems to find a place in my thoughts.

Calling KHL is really scary I agree @FootyFan26 but it does get easier. Do you have any calming excersises or anything you can do while you wait for the phone call to go through. I have a few I could share if you like.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

My calming exercise is hanging up the phone Smiley Tongue

I know you can do it @FootyFan26 Smiley Happy
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

What is it about calling KHL that is making you feel scared do you think, @FootyFan26?
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

Thanks for believing in me @j95

@ClCl I don't know.  I get anxious and panic then hang up.  Then switch my phone off and on again, just in case.

Very understandable reactions and feelings @FootyFan26.

Have you ever stayed on long enough to speak to someone in the past? If so, what was it like?

Do you get the same feelings using the KHL chat service?
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

I've never rung anyone in the past. But I doubt I'd hang up on my mates.

Even though you're not comfortable with speaking to someone yet, you're already making some real positive steps to do so. By openly talking about the possibility of doing it, and also making the call a couple of times shows you're steadily building up to it. 

I think once you have that first conversation, you'll feel way more at ease with it. Keep going at your own pace and you'll be sweet. I know you can do it!

Highlighted

Hey @FootyFan26, how are you feeling now that some of this has passed?
Did you already know that a lot of these services like beyond blue, KHL and lifeline have online chats too?
It can help when the idea of calling is daunting.
If you want the links I can send them through for you Smiley Happy
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle