cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Still Stuck

Awks. Can tell I've never rang them. How did @j95's advice go?

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie I appreciate you and @j95 giving me advice, I really do. I'm gonna go to bed now anyway since I need to get up in about 8 hours. I'm gonna keep this page somewhere next time I try to ring.

Hope you guys have a safe night.

Hi @FootyFan26

It sucks that you have been feeling lonely lately. It is great that you have been able to identify that it being school holidays doesnt help - really insightful! and also a very normal experience. Maybe you would be interested in listening to this podcast about how some other people have coped when feeling lonely? If you do take a listen, what did you think of it?

How are you feeling today?

What is the error you mentioned that comes up sometimes? Is that an error from RO? If so, we might be able to try to have a look and possibly fix it!

[Edit: Because I am a terrible person and made an assumption which @stonepixie set me right on. I am really sorry for that]

|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

Also, @FootyFan26 even when I call a web counselling number to ask about their service (things like when they are available or what topics they are happy to discuss) I STILL hang up a few times out of fear before I can wait through all the automation and talk. My heart rate goes up massively and I can feel it banging in my chest and all of me starts shaking. Then I feel silly when the person I speak to is so nice to me.
So you most definitely are not stupid for hanging up.
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

MY BAD!!! Sorry @FootyFan26 you have already taken the great initative and made a thread about the posting error! Smiley Happy

How are you feeling tonight? @FootyFan26
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 I wish it was easier to show in writing my sarcastic self, especially when I say, tonight was fun...

According to my bro I'm:

1. Fat
  2. Obese
  3. Emo
  4. A Dickhead
  5. Ugly
  6. Have no friends
  7. Don't care about him
  8. Probably more...

Mum wouldn't listen to me when I tried to tell her but when I went outside to tell her to discipline brother I stated that he was my half brother and was not only told off by her but my brother is now offended because I said he was my half bro.

I can't fucking take this anymore.  I'm such a stupid dickhead.

Ugh brothers. At some point mine have called me all of those things too @FootyFan26. It sucks when parents try to remain 'neutral' even when one sibling is clearly the instigator. I mean, I understand why, but fruuuuustrating, Siblings, step-sibligs, half-siblings are fight. Usually we forgive each other pretty quickly though. In my experience, if they can see you're upset and crying though they will usually stop being a dick.

Might be time for round two of trying to call KHL? Or maybe listening to some loud music, or something else that helps squeeze the frustration out.

@FootyFan26 a different way to look at the comments from your brother (or any insulting comments in general) is to "consider the source." You wouldn't trust statements on climate change that came from a coal mining company, or  statements about the health benefits of high-fat, high-sugar, high-sodium foods from McDonalds... Because they have a bias that sways them against the truth.

Similarly, insults from your brother during the heat of the moment when everyone's pissed off at each other are also totally biased and don't reflect the truth. Insults from yourself towards yourself when you're feeling bad are also biased, so shouldn't be accepted as true either.

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

I did jack-shit to him @Bay52VU. He just started calling me names then it got to the point where he wouldn't listen when I asked him to stop, nicely.

And now I just heard yelling and my mum storming off down the hallway. Fucking hell.