cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Still Stuck

@Craycray17 I did know about the text chat and I've used the KHL one once but I think hearing a voice would be more effective for me.  Thanks for the offer but I have them anyway. Man Happy

 

It hasn't really passed, I just have either more or different things to worry about like my Mum last night who was getting physically sick because she was stressed about work.

Re: Still Stuck

Oh dear, does your mum often get psychical responses from stress? That's not fun for her at all Smiley Sad how is she today?
Have you got some techniques that can help ground you in stressful times?
I'm glad you know about the text chat, it's a helpful alternative, but it's understandable that the phone call seems more personal due to the voice!
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle

Re: Still Stuck

@Craycray17 she gets physical responses when her anxiety and stress levels are really high which is mostly nausea. She also smokes and drinks as her techniques to ground her which I absolutely hate.

I don't focus on grounding myself. I spend too much time worrying about her for thoughts like that to even cross my mind.

I don't have contact with my friends physically and they don't call people so I don't have the chance to hear anyone's voices other than my mum, grandma and brother. Who I don't about that stuff with so it wouldn't help.

Re: Still Stuck

That's horrible Smiley Sad I remember I used to get chest pains from anxiety before I started medication and it feels so horrible. I remember a hot pack and camomile tea helping a bit for me, but it's different for everyone.
I'm sorry that her methods of getting through stress bother you so much, @FootyFan26
Maybe little 1 minute breathing techniques or even just counting ten seconds whilst breathing can make a difference for you? Do you want to try doing it over the course of the day and get back to us?
Also, are you free Monday night for GR? It's all focussed on different ways to look after ourselves to make sure that we are able to help others in the best way possible. I'd love to see you there Smiley Happy
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle

Re: Still Stuck

@Craycray17 I'll give it a go.

When I see a GR put up I always try to remember it and I will think about it pretty much everyday except for the Monday and either miss it or come late.

Hopefully I remember. It does sound interesting as well so hopefully nothing happens to make me unavailable.

Re: Still Stuck

@FootyFan26 I love that you are keeping the door open to a helpline even though you are not feeling 100% down with it yet.

Re: Still Stuck

@Kit thanks. It's annoying though because I think it will help me but because I'm not actually calling it's getting worse which is making it even harder for me to ring.

Words on a page can do so much, and from here they do a lot but I feel like a human voice would be so much better. On here is safe and no one knows me which is nice. If people knew me then I wouldn't have said 90% of the stuff I've said here, the other 10% being Games. Smiley Tongue

Re: Still Stuck

@FootyFan26 Games make everything better Smiley Happy

 

Even saying that you think a call will help you is an example of the progress you have made so far and it's very cool that the words here do a lot for you. Take as long as you need, just keep going. Imagine how far you will get in another year's time!

Re: Still Stuck

How are you doing @FootyFan26?
_________________________________________________

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Re: Still Stuck

How are things? @FootyFan26
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//