cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Struggling a little :/

Hey @queenP.
Sorry to hear that you've been feeling a bit down lately. I completely hear you.

I tend to chew on my pens and pencils, or draw on myself (which is better than sh-ing, I might add!).

I agree with the putty, that's for sure! I jus can't stand the watery slimy texture of slime for some reason.... Smiley Happy

Hi everyone, I just wanted to touch base to let you know how I am going because I know how much I appreciate it when users do this. 

Over the past week, I've been feeling a lot less depressed, which is awesome. My psychiatrist has changed my medication, and I have been seeing my psychologist really regularly, which has helped me feel a bit more hopeful about improving my wellbeing and coping with my OCD. I haven't self-harmed in over a week, and the urge to do so has almost disappeared. I have been a bit sick with the flu and a stomach bug, so my physical health is a little dodgy, but I've been eating well, getting up and dressed every day, and I haven't missed any more uni or work since I spoke to you all last. My anxiety is a little higher than my baseline, but I feel like I'm coping so much better.

I'd like to thank everyone who supported me during this really dark time. It means so much, and all of your practical strategies and advice have helped me so much. I may not be fully better yet, but I'm certainly on my way. Sending love to you all xxx

Thanks for the positive update @queenP . Posts like this give others in bad situations hope that people CAN and DO get better with the right support in place! So again, thank you. Heart Continue to keep us updated. 

hey @queenP
just wanted to check in to see how your holding up?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hey @scared01, thanks for checking in, I really appreciate it. I am doing really well at the moment. I have really got a hold of my OCD and, even though it is still present, I am functioning well and am able to manage it well enough to do the things I want to do. My relationship as recovered really well, and I am very happy with my girlfriend. I'm still seeing a psychologist regularly, but we have pushed our appointments back to once a month, which is always a positive sign for me. I've finally worked out what medication combo is best for me, and have been taking extra care of my health by starting a meal plan to make sure I'm eating properly, and I've recently started going to the gym again, which has been tough but awesome. I started back at uni this week and couldn't be happier to have something to occupy my mind. 

I think I've had a big shift in my outlook when it comes to my mental health. Before, I only wanted to try strategies that would 'fix' how I felt and that would completely alleviate my anxiety and obsessive tendencies. I've since realised that a) that's probably not possible and b) that day to day self-care and coping strategies, while not a magic cure, each form a little stepping stone to leading a good life. I've stopped looking for 'perfect' mental health, and am settling for 'good enough', because 'good enough' still allows me to do everything I want to. 

Thank you for looking out for me. I hope you're doing well too xx

hey @queenP
thanks for the update, it sounds like your going really well and with lots of positives too!
Smiley Happy Heart
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**