cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling in life

I have been stressed since the news of military dictatorship announcement in my country, Myanmar on 1st of February. I currently live in Australia but for the past week, the internet and connection to my country has been cut off whenever the dictator wants and it was so hard for me to contact my family back at home. Now the connection is back but so many people are protesting and I saw military tanks, guns and soldiers online and this makes me worry about safety of friends and family living there. I have lived through military dictatorship during my childhood and I don't want my future to be like that again when I return back to my country. 

I just wanted to talk about things here and let it off my chest. If it is against community rules, feel free to edit it. 

Re: Struggling in life

@Wathan  that is a lot to be dealing with and is a super stressful situation. I must say I am not up to date with what exactly is going in in Myanmar but it does seem very scary and military dictatorships are often quite harsh regimes. I really hope your family is doing ok and that is all gets sorted out in the most peaceful way possible. is there anything you can do to help yourself to relax or feel less stressed out about the situation? we are always here to listen if you want to talk more about how you are feeling.   

@Wathan that sounds like a horrible situation to be in...

I hope your friends and family are staying safe...

Do you know any other people from Myanmar living in Australia?

Hey @Wathan , I just wanted to say how sorry I am that your family and loved ones are friends are having to go through such a scary and uncertain time, I imagine it must be a really powerless feeling being so far away, especially if communications are being cut like that. We're always here if you need to chat. Have you been able to get back in contact with your loved ones? 

Check out our community activities calendar here

@Eden
Yeah I’m trying to eat well and sleep well. I do meditation and listen to relaxing music. Thanks.

@Janine-RO
Thanks for comforting me. Luckily I got my contact back with my family since the government have opened up connection. We talked for 3 hrs and I am feeling better.

@Tiny_leaf
Yeah it’s so horrible.. I have my boyfriend with me and it helps a lot. I talk with other Myanmar people living in Australia too to how to deal with this situation.

I'm so so glad you were able to speak to your family @Wathan, my family also mostly lives overseas, so I know how scary it can be when there's conflict or political stress happening where they live, and not being able to know whats going on fully or how to help. It's also so good that you can talk to other people from Myanmar - what sort of stuff have they said?

That's really intense @Wathan Smiley Sad It must be so scary not being able to stay in touch with your family whenever they cut off the connection. And hearing about the protests- I can't even imagine what that would be like- it's understandable to be worried about your family and friends, I would be really stressed too. I'm glad you got to talk to your family again and you have some understanding supports in Australia. Of course you're always welcome to talk about things here, we're here to listen

Hey @Wathan 

I wanted to check in and see how you're doing at the moment? 

I'm glad you've been able to have some contact with your family, I have some family members in Myanmar too and hearing from them has been really comforting. We're here for you anytime you need to get things off your chest Heart