cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling

Hello I have been going through a lot of things lately in my head, I can’t seem to understand what’s going on in my head it’s all confusing and crazy. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced intrusive thoughts before? I have been getting them a lot more lately which make me completely believe I should take my own life because I’m such a bad person. It sometimes repeats over and over in my head, I have been taking antidepressants for a week and they have seemed to get worse I feel my thinking is differently I feel really out of it. I feel I’m having a panic attack at the moment where I feel like I’m losing myself and my mind I’m so afraid of what’s happening to me

Re: Struggling

Hi @Willow-Fields, you're definitely not alone with experiencing intrusive thoughts.  I've moved your post here so that more people can see it and respond...

I saw you mention in another thread that you were seeing your GP this week to get a new psychiatric referral - did you manage to do that? They should be able to help put you at ease a little, maybe with some new or different medication. In the meantime we are here for you, and I also encourage you to contact either Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or eheadspace online or on 1800 650 890. It's so important that you have supports during this time.

Re: Struggling

Hi @Willow-Fields

I'm sorry that you're struggling right now. If you feel like talking to someone is better than writing it out, then give the numbers @Lola-RO provided. Hopefully they can help you a bit. 

You said you've just started taking antidepressant medication, unfortunately, the most common side effect is feeling worse and increased thoughts of death in the first few weeks. After a while these thoughts should go away. But talk to your doctor to make sure.